Tales from The Road

I use a paint scraper with the blade taken out and a hammer. Careful when your using tile like that they can cause damage.

I'm wondering of anyone else who drove Thursday night had anything similar. I know @Robert drove through that sleet. Or maybe @Temp6?
we definitely drove the the ice storm for a good chunk of the drive but nothing like that happened to our car. That’s wild! Our vehicle of choice was a newer model Jeep Cherokee

This has always worked in the past. I doubt anything that would fall out with simple kick wouldn't have enough tenacity to wear through a tire. This was solid packed ice, hard enough to ice skate on. If I'd had a hammer with me I might have been able to get it out more easily. Actually now that I think about it the tire change kit has a steel lug nut thing that might have worked.

I'm wondering of anyone else who drove Thursday night had anything similar. I know @Robert drove through that sleet. Or maybe @Temp6?

I think the idea for a dedicated sleet vehicles sounds practical. Please post your suggestions. I'm going to get bids for an addition to our garage. Or maybe just deal with it for another two years. A heated garage in NY would have solved it, in this case.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 53
I saw something that looked just like that with a little yellow plow attachment parked in one of the property driveways off meeker hollow road on the way to the promise land. Thing looked like a vintage Lego vehicle

I saw something that looked just like that with a little yellow plow attachment parked in one of the property driveways off meeker hollow road on the way to the promise land. Thing looked like a vintage Lego vehicle

What i posted is an MB Unimog , popular in the Alps , goes thru anything .Prices for a new one Start at around 225 K

Looks very practical.

What do you drive @x10003q?

I predict flames when I post my Gore piece.

Looks very practical.

What do you drive @x10003q?

I predict flames when I post my Gore piece.
VW Touareg TDI. You are driving a lifted Civic. Hondas are fine vehicles, but maybe the CVR is not really designed for a powder hound like you who tavels long distances on snow covered roads.

VW Touareg TDI. You are driving a lifted Civic. Hondas are fine vehicles, but maybe the CVR is not really designed for a powder hound like you who tavels long distances on snow covered roads.

In two years I'll have a pickup and Zelda with have a RAV prime. I'll do less driving. For now, going to limp along with the knowledge that I need to keep an eye on those wells when driving in an ice storm, couple times a year or whatever.

The CRV is not perfect, but everything is a compromise. I drove up 900 feet of vert on an unplowed road with 6-8 inches on it Thursday around midnight, with mediocre+ tires. IMO it's not a bad car for a guy who lives 275 miles from the mountains. YMMV.

Back