Sweet Cars and Trucks

Nice
I got clickbaited into an article the other day that said the Subaru WRX is the most ticketed car in the US

I wouldn't be surprised. Ain't no such thing as a gently driven WRX in the used car market.

To this day my son is disappointed in me that I didn’t pull the trigger on the Nissan 240 SX I looked at in 1990. The 240 is one of the best drift cars ever made.

To this day my son is disappointed in me that I didn’t pull the trigger on the Nissan 240 SX I looked at in 1990. The 240 is one of the best drift cars ever made.
I’m disappointed In you too, bro. And I’m still kind of pissed at my dad for selling his chevelle convertible in 76 when we moved from Oneonta to Goshen. I was in kindergarten but I already knew that was a bonehead move.

I’m disappointed In you too, bro.
Hey, when I tell you what I bought instead your first instinct will be to have more disappointment....but you’d be wrong!

I got a 1990 Chrysler Lebanon coupe!

Now, if you all are done laughing....

The 1990 LeBaron Couple with the Mitsubishi 3.0L v-6 mated to a 5 speed manual produced more torque and horsepower than the 2.4L four banger in the 240. The two cars shared the same ground clearance and height, and the weight difference was 30 pounds. The LeBaron was 2 inches wider with a longer wheel base, so it was more stable with a better ride. The 0-6 and quarter mile times were better for the LeBaron as well.

Given my preference for 6 cylinder engines and a desire to buy American (mine was assembled in the USA, not Mexico!)....I took the more powerful, faster, better handling car. Oh, did I mention it was also cheaper?

Sure, nobody looks back now and says hey, I wish I had a 1990 LeBaron, but it was a great car and a solid choice at the time, I thought.

In the early 90s Chrysler actually got back into the ARCA oval circuit using the 3rd gen LeBaron J coupe. Yeah, yeah....everyone thinks of a LeBaron as a boxy K-car dad-mobile, but this one wasn’t!

Moreso than the 240 at the time I really liked the Eagle Talon....

listen- if you liked it, that’s what counts. Look out for those scammers. Best not to engage with them.

Hey, when I tell you what I bought instead your first instinct will be to have more disappointment....but you’d be wrong!

The 1990 LeBaron Couple with the Mitsubishi 3.0L v-6 mated to a 5 speed manual produced more torque and horsepower than the 2.4L four banger in the 240. The two cars shared the same ground clearance and height, and the weight difference was 30 pounds. The LeBaron was 2 inches wider with a longer wheel base, so it was more stable with a better ride. The 0-6 and quarter mile times were better for the LeBaron as well.

Given my preference for 6 cylinder engines and a desire to buy American (mine was assembled in the USA, not Mexico!)....I took the more powerful, faster, better handling car. Oh, did I mention it was also cheaper?

Sure, nobody looks back now and says hey, I wish I had a 1990 LeBaron, but it was a great car and a solid choice at the time, I thought.

In the early 90s Chrysler actually got back into the ARCA oval circuit using the 3rd gen LeBaron J coupe. Yeah, yeah....everyone thinks of a LeBaron as a boxy K-car dad-mobile, but this one wasn’t!

That's pretty funny stuff right there. Glad you crossed your t's and dotted your I's when you got that cream puff.?. Sounds like a beaut

Pics!

That's pretty funny stuff right there. Glad you crossed your t's and dotted your I's when you got that cream puff.?. Sounds like a beaut
Hardy, har, har...TJ. Hey, can I ask you a question? Is ignorance as blissful as they say it is?!? :whistle::p

Jeez, Harvey making me go to the photo album...

4E716347-CBFB-42EF-8B71-707F250A42D2.jpeg

Hey, I know that car wasn’t the shit, far from a classic. However, the thing was on par performance wise with a lot of cars (the 240, Talon/Mitsubishi Eclipse, Integra, RX7) in its day. Would any of those other cars have had a better coolness factor? Sure, but I wasn’t going to pay more money just for that. Paying to be cool is for suckers!

Glad I could give all y’all a laugh though...

Last edited:
The new Tesla S Plaid addition might be the most insane car ever..
0-60 under 2 seconds
200 mph top speed
1/4 mile sub 9 seconds..
and it's almost silent

Back