Sweet Cars and Trucks

skyline.jpeg

As I headed into the grocery store yesterday, this bad boy showed up. Legendary.

Agreed. And he just bought it - it's got a temporary NJ tag.

At the least, he coulda parked it at the [empty] far end of the lot and walked to the grocery store. This might be the only hot rod I'd take skiing, but I don't think I could pack all my gear.

That's a Volvo 122, probably mid-sixties. There's no way to know the exact year because they were in production for a long time with very few visible changes, and that one has been modified.

mm

I like how it's basically the driveshaft/housing that holds it all together.
True dat, form following function right down to the seat - camp what's up with that one lol?

I've alway been intrigued by how added functional elements are eventually incorporated into design.

Those things that were originally radiator caps turned into logo displays on Cadillacs.

Or, first you have a bumper to protect the car, but then the bumper becomes part of the car, so you need bumped guards. Then the bumper guards get protective rubber strips on them to protect them.

True dat, form following function right down to the seat - camp what's up with that one lol?

LOL --- It's a late 40's Farmall N

It belonged to my neighbor and has been sitting out in the ding weeds for at least 10 years. He told me I could have it if I got the damn thing out of his yard, so I did. It hasn't run in years, but it will. We have spark, and fuel, but the compression is low. Pretty sure the rings are stuck in the pistons from sitting. She's gonna sit all winter with the cylinders full of oil. We'll get her running in the spring. Her beauty is in her simplicity. I'll use it to skid out some logs or whatever chores I can think up. Maybe I'll just drive to the store, who knows.

Back