Sweet Cars and Trucks

Here ya go ---- only 25/year will be made

I'd say if a person has the cash and can find one it will have a ROI

I don't understand a car that's too expensive to drive and can't be used in competition. Cars are not a good investment. Prices predictably peak when middle school boys grow up, pay off their mortgages and get enough money to buy the cars they wanted back in the day. That happened to Model Ts, MG-TCs, 50s Chevies and now it's happening to muscle cars. Mustangs may be peaking now, but that's just the beginning of a long soft market. They were never anything except hot rod Falcons anyway. Bugatti replicas are a lot more interesting than carbon fiber mass market cars.

mm

Here ya go ---- only 25/year will be made

I'd say if a person has the cash and can find one it will have a ROI

Painful to read the misspellings in that article. There's always space in my garage for a car that cost 2x more than my house though.

I don't understand a car that's too expensive to drive and can't be used in competition. Cars are not a good investment. Prices predictably peak when middle school boys grow up, pay off their mortgages and get enough money to buy the cars they wanted back in the day. That happened to Model Ts, MG-TCs, 50s Chevies and now it's happening to muscle cars. Mustangs may be peaking now, but that's just the beginning of a long soft market. They were never anything except hot rod Falcons anyway. Bugatti replicas are a lot more interesting than carbon fiber mass market cars.

mm

The real deal car collectors will be all over this thing. Again, with only 25 being built/yr the hard thing will be finding one available to buy. If you find one, it won't be $298,000 either. They'll go for mid 300's easy.

I'd say that depends on who you might talk to ;)
It doesn't depend on that at all, unless you're talking to an actual buyer. Not all investment advice is good advice. Buy and hold is a loser strategy if you have maintence/insurance/storage cost. FWIW a guy in town here has had a Vega on his driveway for at least 20 years. I wonder what he's waiting for.

mm

It doesn't depend on that at all, unless you're talking to an actual buyer. Not all investment advice is good advice. Buy and hold is a loser strategy if you have maintence/insurance/storage cost. FWIW a guy in town here has had a Vega on his driveway for at least 20 years. I wonder what he's waiting for.

mm

Alright then

Obviously you know way more about it than me.

Continue being grumpy

I've been grumpy for at least 6 months. Maybe 600 months.
Did you ever make any money holding on to a car, or do you try to move tham as fast as possible?

mm

The car market is the same as the stock market, so yes. However, the best money is the first money. Seasonal adjustments is where a savvy buyer can buy/hold/ cash-in.

Back