Snowmaking

Voting for the I AM A SNOWMAKING contest sponsored by SAM and HKD will start soon. Videos should be up for a week or two. The finalists are all in the east for 2023. Includes Belleayre, Windham, and Jay. Also Massanutten and Bryce in VA. Plus Pleasant Mountain in ME (now owned by Boyne Resorts) and Wachusett in MA.

Who’d a thunk it?
Dude in charge of snowmaking at The Big K grew up next to Song Mountain.
"“They would make it under the lights. I couldn’t sleep and I knew that when those lights came on they were making snow, so I would head over to check it out. They knew I was coming and would leave snacks and treats for me in the top lift shack,” Gleason told the Mountain Times of a defining time in his life."

Voting for the I AM A SNOWMAKING contest sponsored by SAM and HKD will start soon. Videos should be up for a week or two. The finalists are all in the east for 2023. Includes Belleayre, Windham, and Jay. Also Massanutten and Bryce in VA. Plus Pleasant Mountain in ME (now owned by Boyne Resorts) and Wachusett in MA.

Voting started and goes until Jan. 23. While I'll probably vote for Massanutten given that it's my home mountain, the Bryce video is more fun. Haven't watched the others yet. Been enjoying what the Massanutten snowmaking team managed to do in the last week of cold weather.

Belleayre I AM A SNOWMAKER video for 2023. Voting until Jan. 23.

A recent snowmaker article from SAM.
Thank yer snowmakers.

It's times like these we need to thank our snowmakers! If you see them at the bar, buy them a round or 2 🍻
Yup.
Saw Greek blowin ❄️ today, Lab too & Song’s Bunny bump.
1703010996623.png

Gonna try to get my pass before the weekend & meet some friends at Huega’s for holiday cheer.
It there’s any snowmakers in Huega’s when I’m there I’ll treat em to a cold one if they’re off the clock.

Last edited:
Killington is making quite a bit of snow now, interesting that they are not piling more on Super Star, perhaps a rumor of them closing early May might be real, but I don’t think that would happen
Dude, they don't start making that glacier until February. It's got plenty of base from the WC money pit.

Back