Snowmaking

Place yer votes.
Gore & Greek both been nominated.
Here’s Greek’s video.
& Gore’s.
Thank yer snowmakers.
So far, Greek has by far the best video.

Keep in mind that Beech Mountain is over 5000 ft. It's on par with Denver in terms of elevation.
Do you "feel the altitude" at these SE resorts? I feel it on the Whiteface summit when doing something strenuous, like hiking into the Slides.

Do you "feel the altitude" at these SE resorts? I feel it on the Whiteface summit when doing something strenuous, like hiking into the Slides.
Not skiing . . . when a run takes 2-3 min to finish for even intermediates. Did get a bit out of breath when taking kids to Beech 15 years ago and didn't get to the parking early enough to park really close. It's an uphill walk to the lodge and lifts.

However, when it comes to sleeping at higher altitude, a body's reaction to that is the same in the Appalachian mountains as anywhere else. I didn't sleep well the first night staying in Asheville when visiting my daughter the years she was in college there. It's about 2000 ft. Central NC where I live is at 300-500 ft. Same when sleeping in Lake Placid when I visit.

Not skiing . . . when a run takes 2-3 min to finish for even intermediates. Did get a bit out of breath when taking kids to Beech 15 years ago and didn't get to the parking early enough to park really close. It's an uphill walk to the lodge and lifts.

However, when it comes to sleeping at higher altitude, a body's reaction to that is the same in the Appalachian mountains as anywhere else. I didn't sleep well the first night staying in Asheville when visiting my daughter the years she was in college there. It's about 2000 ft. Central NC where I live is at 300-500 ft. Same when sleeping in Lake Placid when I visit.
Interesting. We stayed near the base of Sugar Mountain last spring. Didn't think much about it then, but in retrospect maybe that's why we were a bit off. We live at 1200 feet and the hills we hike around the house maybe hit 2400 or so.

Idk if this goes here but pretty cool update from Taos
1706367481456.png

Back