Snow Ridge Tornado

We spoke to Nick. The Snow Pocket is definitely a priority.

Snow Pocket T-bar

Snow Pocket Tbar

Untracked-1pm

1pm on a weekday in the Snow Pocket

von-allman

Von Allman

Distant-Views

Nirvana

Trail-Map_MapOnly_101022.jpg

@Robert or anyone... how much effort is required to you ski the terrain off the North Chair from Ridge Runner?

Jackrabbit Johanssen scouted trails for the first two rope tows supposedly.
A rope tow would work if the lifts aren’t fixed by winter.

Apologies if this has already been answered, but did Snow Ridge have Insurance to cover any of the damage? Friend of mine reminded me that back in the 70s Big Tuppers' main Chairlift was struck by lightning, destroyed the base lift building, the chair motor, bull wheel, haul rope etc and they had Insurance to cover it all. Happened in Summer and they had it all replaced and up and running for the next season.

Apologies if this has already been answered, but did Snow Ridge have Insurance to cover any of the damage? Friend of mine reminded me that back in the 70s Big Tuppers' main Chairlift was struck by lightning, destroyed the base lift building, the chair motor, bull wheel, haul rope etc and they had Insurance to cover it all. Happened in Summer and they had it all replaced and up and running for the next season.
What I've read is that the reason for the GoFundMe fundraising effort is that insurance will not cover the cost of professional removal of the trees. In particular the ones laying on the lift lines that must be removed before any repair work can be done on the chairlifts.

That implies that insurance will cover other loss and repairs.

Timing is an issue. Snow Ridge doesn't have a full summer to get ready for the 2023-24 season. Only have a few weeks in August and then the fall months.

What I've read is that the reason for the GoFundMe fundraising effort is that insurance will not cover the cost of professional removal of the trees. In particular the ones laying on the lift lines that must be removed before any repair work can be done on the chairlifts.

That implies that insurance will cover other loss and repairs.
This was my understanding too.

So they primarily need people with chainsaws to show up on the 26th? It would be helpful for someone to walk the lift lines and take pics and post them up

I'm doubting they will give public chainsaws. More likely dragging things to a chipper?

I'm wondering if the trees south of sap line are completely f'd.

I would guess there is plenty of stuff to clean up besides large trees that snapped off.

I've seen tornado damage in person, although it's been a long time. One side of the road was flattened, while the other side there were small places where there was damage to a roof or siding or windows. That was a 2-lane road with small businesses. Included an office and storage yard for the flatbed trucking company my husband (#1, North Country School classmate) was leased to as an owner-operator. The building was still standing but the yard was a mess. The image I remember most was a pole perhaps 2 inches in diameter sticking out from a truck tire. Clean up meant picking up trashed stuff scattered all over the place.

Back