Ski Rack, Cargo Box, Truck Bed or Inside?

The new Thule boxes install with a twist, ratchet "system" - you can literally take the box on and off in 5 minutes. I have an old Thule box with brackets and bolts - if you put that on - you are using it for the season, very much a pain to take on and off.
My Thule box has the twist system and it makes it so easy to install and take the box off.

After decades as a Thule customer, for the first time, I felt hosed by them. I feel like the customer service is gone.

Maybe 3 years ago I bought an aero bar, basically had to buy all attachments, everything new. The bar was $550 but it was quiet and you could leave it on all the time with no noticeable mileage penalty.

I didn't buy the attachments right away, that shit is expensive. Next I bought the boat carrier, pretty cheap and I needed it.

They following year I went to get a rooftop bike rack. No shit, barely 15 months later, there was no bike carrier made that fit my bar. When I called them they recommended I slice open the rubber gasket with an exacto. WTF.

I was surprised to learn that they just don't care. The old Thule engineered the hell out of things and stood behind it.

</rant>

shit's so expensive... i resent having to pay so much to haul already expensive stuff. I usually get everything used off of ebay, CL, etc. Current bike tray was trash picked

Harv
Shop around a little. I’d bet money you can find the old style bike carrier for sale someplace. If not that, then an off brand that will be compatible.

After decades as a Thule customer, for the first time, I felt hosed by them. I feel like the customer service is gone.

Maybe 3 years ago I bought an aero bar, basically had to buy all attachments, everything new. The bar was $550 but it was quiet and you could leave it on all the time with no noticeable mileage penalty.

I didn't buy the attachments right away, that shit is expensive. Next I bought the boat carrier, pretty cheap and I needed it.

They following year I went to get a rooftop bike rack. No shit, barely 15 months later, there was no bike carrier made that fit my bar. When I called them they recommended I slice open the rubber gasket with an exacto. WTF.

I was surprised to learn that they just don't care. The old Thule engineered the hell out of things and stood behind it.

</rant>
If you're still looking for Thule parts, maybe try a Volvo dealer. I bought my kayak rack and attachments from the dealer. It's Thule stuff white labeled as Volvo.

Back