Poll: The Impact of the Epic Pass

What is the impact of the Epic Pass?

• • I don't have an Epic Pass.

• • I have an Epic Pass because it was the best option for me.

• • I have an Epic Pass because my mountain is a Vail mountain.

• I don't see any impact of the Epic Pass, positive or negative.

• Epic is good for skiers.

• Epic is bad for skiers.

• Epic is good for member mountains.

• Epic is bad for member mountains.

• Epic is good for the ski business longterm.

• Epic is bad for the ski business longterm.

• Epic is good for skiing.

• It's not that it's evil, it's just that it's bad.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah missing an option for "Epic Pass in addition to other passes because it it so darn cheap."
"Best option for you" maybe? Hard to create a poll that imagines every possibility.

I think the mega pass is good for skiing overall. More access to more mountains at cheaper prices. I know many people that used to ski 3-5 days a year that are skiing 10 or more now. That is a good thing right? I would love if ORDA partnered with a major Colorado or Utah mountain to offer some reciprocal days.

Vail is going through some serious growing pains this year and hopefully they will learn from it and make some adjustments to better the product. Wintry Mix had a good pod recently with what sounded like some decent ideas on how to fix what is clearly broken with Epic.

Wintry Mix had a good pod recently with what sounded like some decent ideas on how to fix what is clearly broken with Epic.
Yup.
Since they are going to listen I figured I should at least provide them my 10 minutes of tough love free consulting. Here's to hoping they begin eating a more balanced diet.

Stay healthy my friends.

Wintry Mix had a good pod recently with what sounded like some decent ideas on how to fix what is clearly broken with Epic.
I didn't listen to this. Somehow just can't get into the pod thing.

Did he mention using the $1.5B they have in cash to pay employees fairly and put operations back in the hands of someone on property?

Wait. That guy shut his podcast down. Now he's back for ten minutes?

Wait. That guy shit his podcast down. Now he's back for ten minutes?
Good point. I assumed the pod was old. I mean nothing says he can't come back.

What's his best idea?

I liked his podcast. Hope he comes back.

Kind of a Colorado/western version of Stuart's more eastern centric podcast.

Btw, everyone wish Stuart well, he really screwed up his leg.

Btw, everyone wish Stuart well, he really screwed up his leg.
It hurts me just to look at those xrays. He seems to be in good spirits, considering.

Back