New Member Intro

like the profile pic too! single b is one of my winter fav's, dub was awesome. Were you able to score any double nectar? I hope they manage that better next year
Single is great as well. My son stopped by around the holidays with a variety pack. I was hooked on the Doubles, favorite beer but a shame it’s seasonal.
I hunted down a couple 4 packs and shared one with a friend.
He called me later and raved about it. A couple days later I was helping him with some work and when I got in my truck to leave there was 4-4packs on the seat. I’m down to 7 but trying to ration them but there so tasty.

I recently joined after hearing from one of your members over on another ski forum that better reflects my "heritage", PA Ski and Ride. I skied mostly in the Poconos from 1987 until 2003. Prior to that I skied New England, mostly Massachusetts. I've skied a few NY areas, but it was in the early 1970's.

Since 2003, I've been living in Whitefish, Montana. Which is why someone "knocked on my door", so to speak, and I joined to help out with some picture needs.

I'll check in occasionally, but probably won't be a huge contributor, especially in regard to NY resort issues. (Although I am a tuning freak.)

I am excited to join the forum. I have been following NYSkiBlog on twitter since last year and hope I can be a positive contributor to the blog. I grew up skiing Big Birch (now Thunder Ridge) Catamount and Windham and taught my kids to ski at Mt Peter. We recently decided to make Gore our home mountain. I love discovering all the rich skiing history in NY. Despite being Ski3 holders I hope to explore West, Oak Mountain and other small Adirondack hills in the coming winters.

I am excited to join the forum. I have been following NYSkiBlog on twitter since last year and hope I can be a positive contributor to the blog. I grew up skiing Big Birch (now Thunder Ridge) Catamount and Windham and taught my kids to ski at Mt Peter. We recently decided to make Gore our home mountain. I love discovering all the rich skiing history in NY. Despite being Ski3 holders I hope to explore West, Oak Mountain and other small Adirondack hills in the coming winters.
Sweet intro my man. Like the others. Really appreciate participation in this thread.

I never went far enough down on the form page and just saw this. I am Ted and I was born in Troy NY grew up in Kinderhook NY and in 1984 at the age of 14 my Dad was transferred to metro Detroit. After skiing in ski club for one year I didn’t ski much for the next 15 years until my daughter was 5 and I learned that no matter how big the hill is seeing your kid with a big smile on their face is the best. Well that was 22 years ago and I have learned that you can make a mountain out of a molehill with the right company. So I am proud to represent Michigan on a NY ski page.

I’m Elisabeth and new to this community, although not new to NY — I’ve been in Brooklyn for 30 years. Grew up skiing in the French Alps, took a long break from the sport then got back into it about 15 years ago. I’ve been skiing in the Rockies since but I want to know my backyard better. So far my favorite is Gore; I’ve also been to Belleayre and Windham. Now I just need to find other folks in NYC to carpool!

Gore is a great favorite to have, there is a lot to ski there on a good day.

I thought we had a ride share thread, but maybe that was the "old forum." Could be worth starting.

Welcome Teppaz.

Hi all, I have only been reading the blog for about a year so I'm fresh. I mostly ski mornings at WF. Last year I got in 60+ days but I'm counting a day as anything over 4 runs. Now that I'm not working from home it will be more of a challenge to get in as many days but I aim to try. I am originally from the west and have been skiing many years. We usually get in 2-3 trips away from the East Coast each year. I cannot express how psyched I am for the new season.

I'm counting a day as anything over 4 runs.

Ha. Last season I skinned up to mid on Face at Plattekill in a blizzard (with snowmaking and natural) and I called it a ski day. It was a great run and I counted it. The next day we earned two laps and counted that too.

Tell all about that avatar?

Welcome.

Last edited:
Back