New Member Intro

Hello everyone!
My name is Cheyenne and I joined this group to gain some insight into XC skiing in the region! My husband and I just started this year and are looking to incorporate our new daughter as well :) I am a Vermonter, my husband is from NJ. Relocating to NY soon!

Welcome Cheycino , where in NYS are you relocating to ? There are beaucoup great XC areas in the state. So give us a a region and we can make several suggestions .

There are some very good Xc and Bc skiers here , i am NOT one , but am familiar with the NNY region especially the Northern Dacks , St Lawrence River and Thousand island and Tug Hill regions

We have World Class Olympic trails system on Mt Van Hoevenberg near Lake Placid (track set daily also there nearby are the Cascade lodge system , the Jack Rabbit trail , and nearby Paul Smiths Ny there is the VIC ( Visitor Intrrpretive Center ) system . ALL have lodges

On the Tug there is The Lesser Wilderness trail systems off Carpenter rd in Houseville, ny and Whetstone Gulf system nearby its a high walled canyon system on the floor and rim of the canyon great lodge btw . Its a state park

In Thousand Island region are the Minna Anthony Common Nature Center system beaucoup trails on Wellesley Island near Alexandria Bay EVEN BETTER LODGE all free !!!

In th eSt Lawrence Valley Near Massena The Nicandri nature center system , near South Colton in the Northern Dacks Higley flow stae park system ( these two are TRACK set daily ) also here are trail systems at SUNY Canton , St Lawrence University and Clarkson University

Last edited:
Hi All! My name is Bill and I finally joined this group since it felt weird to keep lurking any longer! I live in Kingston, NY and mostly ski Belleayre & Plattekill these days. In my younger years, did a lot of skiing all over Vermont. Had a few dry years lately, but my son is finally old enough and he is hooked, too! Hoping it continues and we'll be able to adventure further.

Hi all. I'll go by Moe in honor of our covid pup that we got last June. Supposed to be a lab mix but I'm not so sure. Either way he is a sweet pup and we are happy for the addition, even if he makes the ski weekends a little more challenging. We are from downstate but have always loved the high peaks area. We are pass holders that spend 8-10 weekends a year in Lake Placid and call Whiteface home. Have always enjoyed this forum and look forward to making the jump from spectator to participant.

Welcome to Billy , Moe and #2 , dont be bashful , its a fun bunch . Ya know sometimes we bark BUT we never bite ??

Back