New Member Intro

Hey folks. I started skiing at Campgaw a lifetime ago and then graduated to Silver Mine at age 8. I now reside in Philly so am a bit more picky. My "everyday" gear is either telemark or AT but I switch to alpine for big days in the steep and deep (and out west).

I have been mostly storm chasing this year -- Killington (Jan. 17-18) and Sugarbush (Feb. 3-5). Heading back to central VT/NH next week for some XC/bc. Hope to see some of you at Magic for the telefest (Fey Bros) on Saturday. I expect to be at Garnet Hill and Gore soon and, of course, anywhere else that looks promising. I have a flexible schedule so hit me up if you need another rider on the storm.

Praise Ullr.

TM

Attachments

• selkirks.jpg
    selkirks.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Except for the rain and thunder... could be a theme...
Welcome!
Hey Harvey. Just read your fab post on Gore. Well done! So glad you are doing better after last month's knee tweak.

Conditions on both my storm trips were sublime. While we got about 20"+ at Sugarbush, the much higher volume of locals and kids on Friday (relative to Gore) trampled it to a pulp very quickly. Good beta to keep in mind for next time.

Hey there! I'm Mike. Took a long hiatus from skiing; 1998 when I graduated college in VT until 2018 when my brother-in-law suggested that we hit up the local hill near his house in CT the day after x-mas. Went once again in 2019, then covid, once in 2021 and then got invited on a trip to Aspen that I couldn't refuse in 2022 and now I'm back, baby! Returning to skiing (and covid) has reinvigorated my interest in all things outdoors. I'm looking forward to spending more time in the Catskills in all seasons. In the summer, though, you'll probably find me on the Cape getting my shoulders ready for hurricane surf season in the Atlantic. Good to be here.

Hey Harvey. Just read your fab post on Gore. Well done! So glad you are doing better after last month's knee tweak.

Thank you!

Sorry I missed this the first time, that was the beginning of a great run, for me.

Welcome Otto!

Hey folks. I started skiing at Campgaw a lifetime ago and then graduated to Silver Mine at age 8. I now reside in Philly so am a bit more picky. My "everyday" gear is either telemark or AT but I switch to alpine for big days in the steep and deep (and out west).

I have been mostly storm chasing this year -- Killington (Jan. 17-18) and Sugarbush (Feb. 3-5). Heading back to central VT/NH next week for some XC/bc. Hope to see some of you at Magic for the telefest (Fey Bros) on Saturday. I expect to be at Garnet Hill and Gore soon and, of course, anywhere else that looks promising.
What gives you the most credibility in my view is the file name of the picture. Selkirks = heli skiing.

Back