Most Underrated Ski Towns

... don't forget about avocado toast and easy access to sriracha.

they can keep their skinny jeans and fixies though!

... don't forget about avocado toast and easy access to sriracha.

they can keep their skinny jeans and fixies though!
hey hey, i have easy access to srirracha. Got plenty..and i wear skinny jeans cause i can.. :cool:
:cool::ROFLMAO:

You can keep your avocado toast, fixie, and ethically sourced beard oil. To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson, sriracha is a necessity of life. As is good coffee. All this talk about Ellicotville has me interested.

They never should have built route 28 around the town. It should have gone straight down Main St the way it does in Indian Lake and Long Lake and every other town in the Adirondacks. Then they should have built a golf course and XC trails between the ski bowl and town. Traffic through town would have way more impact than a zip line.

mm
SUVs and lifted pickups flying through town at 55 mph doesn't make for a great main street. If anything all pedestrian plazas are a huge draw. See Burlington, 16th street mall, Pearl St, Cape May, Ithaca etc. It's probably not feasible but it would be amazing if NC could do that someday. I wish my own town of Maplewood would consider it.

Last edited:
SUVs and lifted pickups flying through town at 55 mph doesn't make for a great main street. If anything all pedestrian plazas are a huge draw. See Burlington, 16th street mall, Pearl St, Cape May, Ithaca etc. It's probably not feasible but it would be amazing if NC could do that someday. I wish my own town of Maplewood would consider it.
That ain’t happening in The North Creek.
North Creek/Ski Bowl Connectivity Study

There were no SUVs and lifted pickups when the Rt 28 bypass went in the late 1960s. The Rt 28 bypass has not been good for North Creek and acts as a barrier to the Ski Bowl and by extension Gore.

Back