ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

This looks like a non employee owner review of the R1t. Interesting to see the bugs. The high speed charging issue will be relevant for me, as it is about 240 miles to Gore (which this person got in the cold on 100% charge).

So apparently, this was a scandal - a friend of an employee under an NDA took this info and posted it. It was a big to-do. Apparently, that is a no no in this world. Take some of it with a grain of salt.

So apparently, this was a scandal - a friend of an employee under an NDA took this info and posted it. It was a big to-do. Apparently, that is a no no in this world. Take some of it with a grain of salt.
I think you always have to consider the source but that applies to Rivian’s press releases and reports from pliable bloggers as well. Some people would view this guy as a whistleblower.
They've only delivered 920 trucks
It's going to be a long time before we truly know how these things perform.
Time will tell. Even though I’m a skeptic, I’m actually hopeful that they can eventually put out a good product.

I’m actually hopeful that they can eventually put out a good product.
Same. But! Good product is open to definition. Tesla, who's been in the game long enough, is still having fit and finish issues. That's enough for me to put them in the not so good product line. I mean for that kinda dough the damn glovebox should at least line up with the dash. I think too many people are getting caught up in this EV craze and have rose colored glasses on. That said, I do recognize I look at cars/trucks differently than most.

Same. But! Good product is open to definition. Tesla, who's been in the game long enough, is still having fit and finish issues. That's enough for me to put them in the not so good product line. I mean for that kinda dough the damn glovebox should at least line up with the dash. I think too many people are getting caught up in this EV craze and have rose colored glasses on. That said, I do recognize I look at cars/trucks differently than most.
"You will pay big bucks for this Tesla and like it!"

Guys - the other side of the coin: If I bought a new hybrid right now, I would pay a premium and probably have to wait. Quick pricing is 59,800 for a highlander hybrid awd platinum (yes 600 mi range) with 'market adjustment' and a wait time VS 66,000 after tax rebate for the LE R1S and its performance (albeit 316 range on 21s or 280 on 20s) around May to June. It becomes a little more interesting.

Dealers in my area are requiring (1) 1,000 nonrefundable deposit to TEST DRIVE the specific model you want and (2) a 'Market Adjustment of between 5-15% for the dealer that would disclose it; another dealer would not even discuss rangeI just priced out a Highlander Hybrid Platinum. It looks like the MSRP is 52,000. x 15% gets you up to the 59,800 number.

LE is 75,500 with a 7,500 credit and a 2,000 state credit, to 66,000.

Yeah that probably means a 15 minute stop each way which we have not needed. We'll see.

The other alternative (and the most likely one right now) is just wait. The mighty CRV just keeps giving me reasons to love it. Knock wood the only unscheduled cost I have ever had is battery, which seems to fail in 2 or 3 years versus some longer period on this particular Honda. I remember when I had 80,000 miles and the tire guy thought I was crazy for buying nice 60,000 mile tires. Whose laughing now ; )

Back