ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

This EV thing is getting crazy. Honda emailed me asking for a survey of to what degree I would every buy an EV. (Yes, I clicked right now, sucka).

That is crazy because the 'survey' was a marketing piece where they said they want to go fully electric by 2040. This is a company, frankly like Toyota, that has done everything it can (in my subjectively held opinion) to not support EV adoption.

Now we are going to have the second part of the EV potentially misleading situation (not saying it applies to Toyota or Honda - they are both great companies). First we had companies that made up that they had tech (see some of the current DOJ investigations) and now we will have companies pretending like they have plans to adopt so their stock gets a bump.

There is another category, those that are actually adopting or actually plan to do so. Only time tells with certainty.

The biggest issue is government involvement. Like a lot of other businesses they need to stay out of it. Cash 4 Clunkers was the biggest cluster fuck one could even begin to imagine.

Hilarious for Musk to say this. His company would not exist without the 5 billion his companies got from the Government. I guess he got his and now he wants to shut the door for others trying to do the same thing.
Maintaining monopolies can be a bitch, allegedly.

Hilarious for Musk to say this. His company would not exist without the 5 billion his companies got from the Government. I guess he got his and now he wants to shut the door for others trying to do the same thing.
That's the American way isn't it?

Apparently R1s's (the SUV) are getting delivered to customers (employees) and they have had the first nonemployee truck delivery.

R1t was named Motortrend truck of the year. I don't know if that is a big deal or not, but it beat out the Hummer and others.

Apparently R1s's (the SUV) are getting delivered to customers (employees) and they have had the first nonemployee truck delivery.
Have you seen any video reviews of the R1S?

Not really. For reference, while they have delivered a few hundred R1ts, they have only delivered two R1s's, and those are to employees. Rivian's Q3 letter (December 16) had some detail.

There are videos where people sit in mock ups, but no one has gotten their hands on production line R1s's (other than the two owners).

Back