ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Got beer, got algae, convert CO2 (carbon dioxide) to O2 (oxygen). Everybody’s happy.
Who’da thunk it?
As I was reading this I was thinking about the nearly opposite (symbiotic) energy generation processes by plants and animals - our exhale provides water vapor and CO2, which they need, and they produce O2 as part of photosythesis, which we need.

Not something (I think) spoken about in climate change and deforestation, but I believe it he oxygen content of the atmosphere dropped by around .1%, we all would start to struggle a bit - it would be like living in more extreme climates. This is my recollection from honors chemistry, earth science, or biology from about 25 years ago, so easy target for the scientists here.

As I was reading this I was thinking about the nearly opposite (symbiotic) energy generation processes by plants and animals - our exhale provides water vapor and CO2, which they need, and they produce O2 as part of photosythesis, which we need.

Not something (I think) spoken about in climate change and deforestation, but I believe it he oxygen content of the atmosphere dropped by around .1%, we all would start to struggle a bit - it would be like living in more extreme climates. This is my recollection from honors chemistry, earth science, or biology from about 25 years ago, so easy target for the scientists here.
The oxygen concentration is a function of altitude on this planet last I looked. More at sea level, less as ya go up.
Oxygen is good & lack of oxygen is bad for us nose&mouth breathing aerobophiles.

The oxygen concentration is a function of altitude on this planet last I looked. More at sea level, less as ya go up.
Oxygen is good & lack of oxygen is bad for us nose&mouth breathing aerobophiles.
Yes, you are correct, of course. But only if you are referring to density of gas. My point is that if the mix of gases that we consider air changed with respect to the percentage that is oxygen (i.e. the relative mix, not the density of air generally), it would cause people difficulty.

That is, if you were at STP since you appear to have a STEM background or competency, and you altered the ratio of oxygen in the air (which could happen with massive environmental change particularly deforestation combined with overpopulation), then the relative portions of O2 to C02 could make things tricky to people.

Of course, decreasing density of the gas that is air at altitude has its own challenges, as you alluded to.

My point is that if the mix of gases that we consider air changed with respect to the percentage that is oxygen (i.e. the relative mix, not the density of air generally), it would cause people difficulty.
... altered the ratio of oxygen in the air ... then the relative portions of O2 to C02 could make things tricky to people.
We handle CO2 pretty well by just living as we make it ourselves. Ya make more when ya exercise.

All - just an update on Rivian delays.

It sounds like the first non employee trucks get delivered January. The first non employee SUV gets delivered around March.

I got an email with a window for the first time ever: May-June.

I am glad I don't have to think about what will happen with the winter ski season any more.

I think I am going to get this thing at some point, but wanted to keep y'all posted.

All - just an update on Rivian delays.

It sounds like the first non employee trucks get delivered January. The first non employee SUV gets delivered around March.

I got an email with a window for the first time ever: May-June.

I am glad I don't have to think about what will happen with the winter ski season any more.

I think I am going to get this thing at some point, but wanted to keep y'all posted.
Need a reminder about when you put in your order. Will the wait be more or less than a year?

Test drive on the Rivian course, with direct advice from a Rivian guy. Switched drive modes a few times.

November 16, 2021

Back