ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

So, when are you putting your order in? : )
If I ever get a Rivian in the next decade, it would be the R1S.

Have to say that for my lifestyle when it comes to an EV truck, the Ford Lightning makes more sense. The 1990s Ford Ranger isn't going to last forever.

Oddly enough, for most topics I prefer find stuff to read but for the EV vehicles finding good videos to watch has proved the better approach.

July 2021

Sandy Munro has been around the automobile industry a long time, including a stint working for Ford on the Taurus.

I owned two Ford Taurus station wagons. Bought one the first model year because first husband, the trucker, was really intrigued. He's over 6 feet and I'm 5 feet tall. It was the first new car purchase for both of us. We could both be very comfortable while driving. The split front seat turned out to be useful when the first dog we adopted (in Lake Placid, long story) got carsick. She could ride up front with us for the annual drive to the North Country School alumni gathering in the 1980s. Car had enough quirks that were fixed in later model years so I bought a new one in the 1990s. The original Taurus SW ended up in with an old friend in Iowa and then California and lasted a long time.

Oddly enough, for most topics I prefer find stuff to read but for the EV vehicles finding good videos to watch has proved the better approach.

July 2021

Sandy Munro has been around the automobile industry a long time, including a stint working for Ford on the Taurus.

I owned two Ford Taurus station wagons. Bought one the first model year because first husband, the trucker, was really intrigued. He's over 6 feet and I'm 5 feet tall. It was the first new car purchase for both of us. We could both be very comfortable while driving. The split front seat turned out to be useful when the first dog we adopted (in Lake Placid, long story) got carsick. She could ride up front with us for the annual drive to the North Country School alumni gathering in the 1980s. Car had enough quirks that were fixed in later model years so I bought a new one in the 1990s. The original Taurus SW ended up in with an old friend in Iowa and then California and lasted a long time.
I agree 100%. Big reader here, but the videos are really good. I guess it is because I wouldn't even know where to start. In the video from the guy with the cool glasses, he nerded out about the possibility of the motors being magnetic something or other based upon (I think) the deceleration. I wouldn't even know where to start reading to learn about that stuff and I am pretty good at researching.

July 2021

And I love Sandy's videos. He is fair, but merciless.

Have you seen this video where Sandy talks about Lightning, R1T, and Cybertruck? It was after he had a chance to talk to Ford engineers about the Lightning.

The way he describes the differences, pretty clear that I fit into the Lightning market better than the R1T. While I got a Ranger because I didn't need a big bed and saw little reason to spend more on a bigger pickup back in the 1990s, I live in a house with plenty of space to park an F-150.

Doug DeMouro offroad review.

His constructive feedback: bad cameras, no hill assist, no tire pressure readout. No locking differential. I think most of these are fixable with software to the extent people actually think it is an issue. Lots of positives, including doing stuff he didn't think any stock vehicle would.

Saw an R1T on the road finally. It looked pretty slick but I don’t like the headlight design. It was smaller than I expected too.

Saw an R1T on the road finally. It looked pretty slick but I don’t like the headlight design. It was smaller than I expected too.
Where'd ya see it? Yes, the headlights are controversial. Size is b/w a ranger and an F150. I think the SUV will be 202 and the truck is 219 (guessing on the truck).

Where'd ya see it? Yes, the headlights are controversial. Size is b/w a ranger and an F150. I think the SUV will be 202 and the truck is 219 (guessing on the truck).
Saw it in Irvington. It may be right in between in weight but it looked a lot closer to a Ranger to me.

Back