ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Yeah. More of a comment on stock market craziness
At some point, Rivian was number 3 by market cap, behind Tesla and Toyota, I think.

Is there some craziness? I think so. It looks like the S&P 500 is up like 30-40% in the one year period.

I also think it is higher valuation being assigned to EVs for some reasonable reasons (not saying the level of higher valuation is reaosnable in my opionion): 1) All the climate discussion and reducing emissions from transport being one concrete way to hit 25% of emissions; 2) whether or not people care about that, the government is incenting (sp?) these companies with things like cap and trade rules (Tesla sells a bunch of credits and arguably would have gone bankrupt without them) and incentives to consumers (EV tax rebates) that make it cheaper to buy these vehicles over time.

Exactly. We've talked that the timing of this is perfect for some to go public.
Some of these appear to have been pure frauds, that even duped some of the 'big boys'. Perhaps it was Nikola that had entered into a big deal with GM and it turned out to be all vaporware, but not before Nikola issued a public float (through a SPACE or a reverse merger I believe).

I was ready about the supply chain of materials that make up the best performing batteries. Seems like China has a lot of control over cobalt which, at this moment is a key ingredient. Can the world switch to EVs is all the cobalt if in Congo and China controls most of it?

Are these concerns legit? If so, what are the proposed solutions to get around this?

I was ready about the supply chain of materials that make up the best performing batteries. Seems like China has a lot of control over cobalt which, at this moment is a key ingredient. Can the world switch to EVs is all the cobalt if in Congo and China controls most of it?

Are these concerns legit? If so, what are the proposed solutions to get around this?
Couple of start up are designing batteries with out it. Solidb state batteries are also being tested. The US is also identifying place where we can mine it ourselves. If the money keeps flowing we will have it figured out on five years. I like the start up out of Austin.

Couple of start up are designing batteries with out it. Solidb state batteries are also being tested. The US is also identifying place where we can mine it ourselves. If the money keeps flowing we will have it figured out on five years. I like the start up out of Austin.
Also as to current technology, the former number 2 at Tesla started a company to take old batteries and recycle them out among not good enough (think future solar storage) and good enough for auto use again. Basic analogy is making plastic from recycled plastic.

A gallon of gas also makes water when it oxidizes.

One gallon of gasoline produces about 217.5 moles of water. Each mole of water has a weight of 18 grams. So the burning of one gallon of gasoline produces 3,914.6 grams of water. This is equal to 8.6 pounds of water, which has a volume of 1.033 gallons.

Plants make oxygen from carbon dioxide which they need. They also need water to live.
Plants lives matter.
Ya can eat some of them cause they taste good and are good for ya and the other things that eat em to live..
Got beer, got algae, convert CO2 (carbon dioxide) to O2 (oxygen). Everybody’s happy.
Who’da thunk it?

Back