ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Eating grass is the short story. I’ll break out another thread if you are genuinely interested in hearing the rest.

Last edited:
Yikes. NY is not too far behind.
I really hope you're wrong. So many people will be out of business if this crap happens.
Other than landscapers, who the heck uses a leaf blower for an hour? Screw California.

Folks: CEO of VW posted that the ID4 EV is 30% cheaper or so than Tiguan to drive. Looks like Tiguan is their most popular car. Interesting. Also, according to the same vid, Tesla hit an annual production rate of 1M cars.

Hertz announced it will start renting Tesla’s in November

Hertz announced it will start renting Tesla’s in November
Hertz and Enterprise have been buying up used Tesla's at auctions so not surprised by this at all. I doubt if they'll be getting new ones as they aren't getting cars from any other manufacture right now.

Leave it with a full battery will be a whole new type of time consuming, expensive headache at drop off.:oops:
I was wondering if Tesla has agreed to install chargers at the rental locations? Seems like they’d be needed if this is more than a PR stunt right?

Huh, there you go. Looks like they’re paying full price for the cars and installing their own chargers. Good read. At least people will be able to easily try out EVs without going all in on a new car. Should be interesting.

The old head of ORDA was CEO of Avis, so there’s that.

Back