ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Guys: the media embargo was lifted and a bunch of R1T 'media' reviews dropped from friendly sources.

Here are two good ones from a media drive in the Rockies:

Yes, I've been reading good stuff about these. Off road magazine loves it too.

That’s dope. The full size glass roof is cool. I like the onboard air compressor and ride height adjustment. Definitely get the camp kitchen and tent. 0-60 in 3 seconds? Later dude!

Sunroofs make me nervous when it comes to a place to hide from a hailstorm but I guess you could raise the vehicle and duck underneath . I'd like to see a solar panel roof to help charging .

Sunroofs make me nervous when it comes to a place to hide from a hailstorm but I guess you could raise the vehicle and duck underneath . I'd like to see a solar panel roof to help charging .
You’d be laying in some cold ass water. Maybe jump in the frunk?

Just watched one video. Lots of creative thinking went into it. Impressive. Looks like a winner.

It better be for $73,000
$73,000 is above my budget but if you look at what an equivalent ICE truck costs then add accessories to match the off road capabilility (lift kit, skid plates, locking differential, etc.) you're probably in the same ballpark.
Granted, most people in the east will never use the off road capability but many people out west will.

add accessories to match the off road capabilility (lift kit, skid plates, locking differential,
IMO, if you're adding these to your truck you've bought the wrong one to begin with. For 10g's cheaper you can get Ram 2500 Power Wagon w/ front rear locking diffs, unlocking swaybars, fully lifted, etc etc, and not worry about being near an electric pole ;)

Last edited:
Somebody buy one of these damn things and let's have a report!

I'll put it on the front page.

Back