ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

That blew my mind when it happened. They must have been completely rebuilding those trucks by hand at the dealership, right? It almost seems like giving everybody a new truck might have been cheaper.
MY buddy had one of those. The first dealer said it would take 3 weeks, but his truck didn't need it. A few months later another dealer replaced the frame in 3 days. I'm pretty sure that second dealer made bank on that replacement.

mm

That blew my mind when it happened. They must have been completely rebuilding those trucks by hand at the dealership, right? It almost seems like giving everybody a new truck might have been cheaper.
What I saw was the majority of people sold them back to the manufacturer. That said, it doesn't take long for a body shop to switch out a frame.

Airbag recall but I get your point.

The biggest recall in US history was the gas pedal and floormat thing

What I saw was the majority of people sold them back to the manufacturer. That said, it doesn't take long for a body shop to switch out a frame.
A Toyota tech made a YouTube video of him changing a Tacoma frame it’s quite fascinating

I heard stories of people getting 6 grand for field trucks

Guys: the media embargo was lifted and a bunch of R1T 'media' reviews dropped from friendly sources.

Here are two good ones from a media drive in the Rockies:

That’s dope. The full size glass roof is cool. I like the onboard air compressor and ride height adjustment. Definitely get the camp kitchen and tent. 0-60 in 3 seconds? Later dude!

Back