ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

It will be interesting to watch. Heck, they can't even get trucks to their dealers now and experts are saying no change in that until 2023, at best. Fun times!! lol

Assuming those trucks will need chips as much as anything else, if not more?

ETA: It's amazing the entire supply chain is so fragile.

Last edited:
One of our tenants at our office building told drove up in a tesla. He likes it. He likes charging at home the most. He said the battery lasts much longer in city driving because of the braking. He also estimated 20-30% less in winter battery life and that's not Adk winter, but flatlands.

When the 1000 mile battery comes out, I'm in for sure. One car sooner, for the Mrs, as promised.

ETA: It's amazing the entire supply chain is so fragile.
It only took a global pandemic to knock it out of whack. :)

The big question is will companies realign themselves to consider not just price but also control and proximity after the pandemic subsides, or will they go back to business as usual (until a truly devastating pandemic takes us out again, C19 is pretty minor compared to how bad it could potentially be...).

I don’t see any evidence the sultans of smart have seen the error of their ways. The execs of my company certainly haven’t.

I don’t see any evidence the sultans of smart have seen the error of their ways. The execs of my company certainly haven’t.
That's what happens when you let the bean counters run the show. Yes, you have to watch the pennies but that's not the only thing to consider. Things that used to be "off the shelf" years ago aren't stocked any more. They don't even order the raw material until the order comes in. They forgot the goal of business is not to minimize costs, it's to maximize profits. Sometimes you have to spend a nickel to make a dime.

Back