ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

How can one gallon of gas produce 20 pounds of CO2?

Like this:

A gallon of gas also makes water when it oxidizes.

One gallon of gasoline produces about 217.5 moles of water. Each mole of water has a weight of 18 grams. So the burning of one gallon of gasoline produces 3,914.6 grams of water. This is equal to 8.6 pounds of water, which has a volume of 1.033 gallons.

Plants make oxygen from carbon dioxide which they need. They also need water to live.
Plants lives matter.
Ya can eat some of them cause they taste good and are good for ya and the other things that eat em to live..

A gallon of gas also makes water when it oxidizes.

One gallon of gasoline produces about 217.5 moles of water. Each mole of water has a weight of 18 grams. So the burning of one gallon of gasoline produces 3,914.6 grams of water. This is equal to 8.6 pounds of water, which has a volume of 1.033 gallons.

Plants make oxygen from carbon dioxide which they need. They also need water to live.
Plants lives matter.
Ya can eat some of them cause they taste good and are good for ya and the other things that eat em to live..
Plants and keepin dirt healthy for the win.

Here is a slow pitch for you petrolheads

I just got back from the shop where my man Al fixed my cars. He's a tow guy for the police. The street is all lined up with cars that are totalled from floods. He said once a car is submerged the insurance company totals it and sells the parts.

I thought I'd heard people say they spent $XXXX and got there flooded cars back on the road? Draining all the fluids, soaking in kero etc.

Also are electric cars just as totalled by going under water? lol

I'd like to start an "Ask @Campgottagopee" thread, for car questions. ?

I thought I'd heard people say they spent $XXXX and got there flooded cars back on the road? Draining all the fluids, soaking in kero etc.
Imo, it depends on the money as it's a roll of the dice if the car will be a good one or not. I'd say thirty cents on a dollar.
Personally I'd run far away from it. Take the money and run

The sealed battery and drivetrain seems like a good thing if it's not too costly.

Great that it might not get damaged, but not sure that should be an advertised feature.

Back