ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

The real price of a gallon of gas is much more than what you pay at the pump.
They have to phase it out over time, what I would like to see is have electric leaf blowers that can complete with gas, cars have a long way to go

I have both for work and I never use the gasser
1630108031783.jpeg

I have both for work and I never use the gasser
View attachment 10246
Damn I have not seen a backpack version, so many people complain about the noise of the gassers, it will probably be a while until large established private landscapers use them ( not cost effective to switch them out) but I imagine some government properties etc might start using them

They have to phase it out over time, what I would like to see is have electric leaf blowers that can complete with gas, cars have a long way to go
I just replaced my gas leaf blower with a battery powered one. So far it's as good as my gasser. I don't use it for leafs rather for cleaning out my shop, blowing off my tractor after mowing and blowing the snow off my deck. Battery powered tools (saws, drills, grinders, impacts, etc) are the new norm. That said, I totally agree with you that cars/trucks have a long way to go before they get to that level. When they do I'll be interested. Right now I'm watching from the bench. Just like I did in college playing baseball.

I just replaced my gas leaf blower with a battery powered one. So far it's as good as my gasser. I don't use it for leafs rather for cleaning out my shop, blowing off my tractor after mowing and blowing the snow off my deck. Battery powered tools (saws, drills, grinders, impacts, etc) are the new norm. That said, I totally agree with you that cars/trucks have a long way to go before they get to that level. When they do I'll be interested. Right now I'm watching from the bench. Just like I did in college playing baseball.
I recently purchased a Dewalt 20v 7 1/4” circular saw with an 8 amp hour battery for work. I noticed the other day that my corded one is buried in the back of my trailer. So there’s that.

We remodeled the kitchen last year. The contractor had a battery powered miter saw and a tile saw. I never saw him plug anything in.
Electric cars are already equal or better than gas cars in everything except range. When btteries get a little cheaper (and the salvage value increases), and the charging infrastructure builds out, everyone will want one. Except me. I'm not getting one until they have 3 pedals.

mm

We remodeled the kitchen last year. The contractor had a battery powered miter saw and a tile saw. I never saw him plug anything in.
Electric cars are already equal or better than gas cars in everything except range. When btteries get a little cheaper (and the salvage value increases), and the charging infrastructure builds out, everyone will want one. Except me. I'm not getting one until they have 3 pedals.

mm

mm
They aren't even close. They aren't competitively priced and residual values stink.

Back