ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

yeah ,hell with ev’s for skiers they are for the geezers , why spend so much and then talk about great mileage doesn’t make sense, over paying to “save gas”

Last edited:
^^Thank you for editing the unamerican comment. Being innovative is American. We used to ride around on horses and burn whale oil. Gas was a huge mistake. The first Diesel ran on peanut oil and the first Model T’s could burn ethanol. We’d be better off if we had stuck with that. Domestically produced renewables is the path forward. Burning fossil fuels is caveman shit.

Last edited:
That’s a ridiculous thing to say and you know it. Being innovative is American. We used to ride around on horses and burn whale oil. Gas was a huge mistake. The first Diesel ran on peanut oil and the first Model T’s could burn ethanol. We’d be better off if we had stuck with that. Domestically produced renewables is the path forward. Burning fossil fuels is caveman shit
Never said Americans aren’t innovative, just talking about good gas mileage after spending so much on a vehicle just doesn’t make sense , some people are clueless
in time when they are built better and cost less then they will make sense
for now they are for geezers and you make me think of tree huggers

yeah ,hell with ev’s for skiers they are for the geezers , why spend so much and then talk about great mileage doesn’t make sense, over paying to “save gas” is un American

Since when is innovation unamerican? I bet you a donut you're driving an ev in the next 20 years.

Like I said upthread if it makes sense, most will go for it.

in time when they are built better and cost less then they will make sense

Agree, mostly.

The build quality is fine IMO, or at least good enough. (I'd wager that every most every ev made is better than any Chrysler made in the 70s.)

There has to be bigger volume to bring the cost down and a responsible way to mine, recycle and dispose of the batteries.

I Think I understood what was meant. If I buy a car for 23k and spend 2k a year on gas and keep it for 5 years that is 33k, not including maintenance obviously. So spending 50k on an EV doesn’t make economic sense.

you make me think of tree huggers
You got me there. I’ve definitely hugged a few trees. (In response to your deleted unamerican comment) You make me think of the asshole in a pickup truck who rolled coal while I was riding my bike the other day. I could tell he was American by the flag he was flying in the back.

Last edited:
The main point was they are not good for skiers imo as they can loose more then half the battery range in the cold weather , along with mountain driving you have to drive like a geezer , producing those cars now puts off more polution then making gas cars, like everything, in time they will get better

The real price of a gallon of gas is much more than what you pay at the pump.

Back