ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Please don't think I'm shitting on you EV guys. That's not it at all. Heck, you all have stones the size of Texas as far as I'm concerned.

I'm trying to point out that once the smoke clears EVs aren't the answer. I can't see it. I know I go back to Toyota a bunch, but geezum. They definitely know what TF they're doing.

It's about application. Not all applications work for everyone.

I think it's important to listen to Toyota. Arguably one of the best car manufacturers in the world. They may have some insight regarding EVs. EVs won't go away, too much has already, foolishly, been invested.

Toyota can see the cost for the transition. They will wait until the tech improves and the r&d is paid for by other manufactures. Once solid state batteries become reality i think the major transition will begin. My truck has been in the shop for the past week and although it's nice to be able to fill up at the station the cost of gas is cutting into my spending money.

Sorry you’re having trouble with the truck, TJ. What is it this time? Cheaper solid state batteries should make EVs better but that doesn’t mean hydrogen should be abandoned.

Should have finished my thought on NIO, but they are releasing semi solid state batteries that should double EV ranges, and already have battery swapping stations in production

Detroit still can't make current EV tech profitable, Elon has lost is mind, and Tokyo is chasing the Hydrogen White Rabbit. Seoul might end up being contender, though I don't know what they have in the pipeline.
Battery swapping is a joke.

Please don't think I'm shitting on you EV guys. That's not it at all. Heck, you all have stones the size of Texas as far as I'm concerned.

I'm trying to point out that once the smoke clears EVs aren't the answer. I can't see it. I know I go back to Toyota a bunch, but geezum. They definitely know what TF they're doing.

It's about application. Not all applications work for everyone.
Dude you are shitting on EV's, Fact.

Last edited:
CRV has 25,300 miles on it.

Halfway through May, the warm suburban driving now has me back above 40 mpg over the lifetime of the car.

The lowest I got this winter, lifetime, was 36. The way averages work it probably means I'm getting 30 in the winter, driving to the mountains and in the mountains, and get 45+ around here in the summer.

Battery swapping is a joke.
Working in Norway for NIO since 2022. Have you see any of the videos?

Didn't know about the early attempts in the USA that failed quickly.

January 2023

April 2024

April 2024

Back