ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

BMWs have a different feel. They’re fast and smooth and the steering is super tight. There’s no slack in the accelerator. You hit it it and it is on instantly but still smooth somehow. They’re great but I can’t be trusted with one- i would get so many tickets I would lose my license
Same

That's why I drive trucks. That's why I don't have sport bikes anymore. I can't be trusted!

Here’s a nio
Same

That's why I drive trucks. That's why I don't have sport bikes anymore. I can't be trusted!
lol..
i lost my license when i was in my 20's..Drove a red Trans Am...I used to keep all the paper work clipped to the visor, cause i was pulled over so many times... Now in my 60's I still have the need for speed.. :cool:

BMWs have a different feel. They’re fast and smooth and the steering is super tight. There’s no slack in the accelerator. You hit it it and it is on instantly but still smooth somehow. They’re great but I can’t be trusted with one- i would get so many tickets I would lose my license
The speeding ticket on the DC beltway that my brother tried to fight was when he was a grad student at UMD. He was driving an old VW bug and supposedly was clocked doing 90 mph. That car couldn't go that fast. He went to court without a lawyer. Judge was not sympathetic. Did get the speed reduced to something like 70 mph. 🙃

How would the acceleration of an ICE BMW compare to an EV like a Rivian?

Here’s a nio

lol..
i lost my license when i was in my 20's..Drove a red Trans Am...I used to keep all the paper work clipped to the visor, cause i was pulled over so many times... Now in my 60's I still have the need for speed.. :cool:
LoL

Same here for the need of speed. That's the main reason I ride sleds. It's definitely a need!

The speeding ticket on the DC beltway that my brother tried to fight was when he was a grad student at UMD. He was driving an old VW bug and supposedly was clocked doing 90 mph. That car couldn't go that fast. He went to court without a lawyer. Judge was not sympathetic. Did get the speed reduced to something like 70 mph. 🙃

BTW

I agree with you. No way does that car hit 90...LoL

Here’s a nio

lol..
I have been good lately, knock on wood, but I’ve been within one point of suspension twice. Once was caused by the BMW, all by itself. That’s how I discovered the DMV charges you for the points nowadays, on top of the fine and the local surcharges.

I have no idea. Everybody talks about how torque-y the electric motors are so there’s obviously potential there but then the YouTubers all talk about how every little thing eats away at range. I didn’t even have one of the fast BMWs. I had an X5 with the smaller engine. It was still tons of fun to drive

That car couldn't go that fast.
When I first got my license I had a hand me down early 80s Chevy Chevette that I beat the snot out of. Our village has a 30 mph cut through and a cop stopped me saying I was going 60. When it was time to go to court my dad came with me since I was still a minor. He said he would drive and on the way we hauled ass down that road. In court the judge asked why I was going that fast and my dad spoke up. “Your honor, that car can hardly go that fast, especially on that road. I just tried it and we barely hit 50.” Haha, he was a trip.

Last edited:

You need to get an M series beiimer to almost keep up.

Back