ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Having never paid attention to the F-150 size category, I didn't know there is a hybrid version. Certainly not cheap. Any idea who is buying the 2021 F-150 hybrid?

Full disclosure . . . the only pickup I have experience with is a Ford Ranger. I call it my giant wheelbarrow. Mostly use it to bring mulch to our house. If I'm being thorough, that can mean 15 loads between spring and fall. It's a 1998, standard transmission not automatic. The salesman was working hard to talk my husband into a fully loaded automatic to get it off the lot since we went shopping pretty late in the year. But I saw no reason to pay more for bells and whistles we didn't need. It was never meant to be a daily drive vehicle. Still has less than 30,000 miles.
Gotta see a picture of this wheelbarrow

Gotta see a picture of this wheelbarrow

Here you go. I get mulch a few miles from my house. Can't see how dinged up it is from this angle. ;)

I think of the Ranger as a wheelbarrow because I can drive it relatively close to all the places I spread mulch. Before we got it, we would get a truck load dumped. Getting the mulch from there to where it was needed . . . was a lot of work. I married a bachelor who had a big house on 6 acres. The cleared area around the house is at least 2 acres.
IMG_1111 (1).jpeg

I only used the 4WD once in snow . . . at Massanutten in 2010. There's a story about how I managed to get there before the roads in the area pretty much shut down for a couple days.

Saturday, 8:30 am
Mnut Feb 2010 - 1.jpg

Saturday, 1:30pm
IMG_2706.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone see the new Ford maverick pickup
Cheap and small. They are going all in

Here you go. I get mulch a few miles from my house. Can't see how dinged up it is from this angle. ;)

I think of the Ranger as a wheelbarrow because I can drive it relatively close to all the places I spread mulch. Before we got it, we would get a truck load dumped. Getting the mulch from there to where it was needed . . . was a lot of work. I married a bachelor who had a big house on 6 acres. The cleared area around the house is at least 2 acres.
View attachment 9452

I only used the 4WD once in snow . . . at Massanutten in 2010. There's a story about how I managed to get there before the roads in the area pretty much shut down for a couple days.

Saturday, 8:30 am
View attachment 9450

Saturday, 1:30pm
View attachment 9453
This is great, a laborer for a commercial builder used to call his car the “ Wheelbarrow “ he would stack anything on top of the trunk, roof, hood wherever he could stack stuff,to haul around the jobsites, he was really loyal to the company and a hard worker, Franklin Adel, been a while thanks for the throwback memory Marz!

I noticed it. Looks pretty cool. Not much of a truck but might be just what I need to replace my Pilot when the time comes

Back