ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I got some time left. Let's see what toyota comes up with.

1713155218189.jpeg

Hybrids are great in the suburbs too. 40 mph driving.

It's the mountains/cold that make no sense. Highways to some extent too.

"1979 Subaru Brat that comes with the original jump seats. new spare tire I believe it had a blown head gasket when I bought it. Need a round tuit. Comes with an extra 1600 cc Subaru engine. Camper shell. Body straight except at the passenger side headlight and rust at front quarter panel. Extra quarter panel included.”

Only 56K miles, comes with a round tuit and another engine to boot. It’s a dang manual too. A lot of extras...
If they’ll throw in the hound in pic ya just might get a good deal & have some fun.

I'm just telling you what I have seen.

You do capture, but it's not enough. Think about it. In an ICE, od you get better mileage on a flat road, or a road that goes up 1000 feet and then down 1000 feet?

Flat road. Because of friction (?) you can never fully recover the losses. Same in a hybrid.

And look if it ends up being break even or a little better, you still have to recover the extra 10k you put into it.

The other thing about a hybrid is that to really rack up the numbers (50mpg) you have to learn how to drive it. It's a bit of a PITA to do, and if you are really maximizing MPG you risk pissing off the guys behind you who are rolling coal.

These people are a hoot, and this video is long but fun.

Back