ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

No not until May or June when we drive down to Baltimore. Still waiting for the electrician to install the wall charger too as all I've been able to do is drip charge. Took like 36 hours to go from 40-80 last weekend. I think I get even less then 120/15 in the garage as the Tesla is always warning about low voltage.

Technically I'm charging two EVs

View attachment 24294
Oh, if you haven't done it, you may want to look into EV friendly electric plans. For example, I think I have an off peak plan (now with battery it is a little more complicated) where I pay 14 cents peak and 8 or 10 or something off peak for a kw. Then I set charging for 10 pm to 6 am, which I override like 1 percent of time when I really need to charge at night. It can end up saving an additional 40 percent or so.

By "plan" do you mean electricity supplier (like Direct Energy or Clean Choice) or are you talking about a plan through your utility? PSEG does offer a 10 cent credit for charging off peak. I can't login to my PSEG account right now but I think that's pretty substantial

I can't take advantage of it until I get the freakin' wall charger installed.

By "plan" do you mean electricity supplier (like Direct Energy or Clean Choice) or are you talking about a plan through your utility? PSEG does offer a 10 cent credit for charging off peak. I can't login to my PSEG account right now but I think that's pretty substantial

Exactly. Every state is different.

You could run the wire. And hang the box. You checked your breaker bix to see it has room? You can even get the 50 amp breaker. They are like 25 bucks. Take a picture of the breaker manufacturer and get you own.
You have the charger right?

No not until May or June when we drive down to Baltimore. Still waiting for the electrician to install the wall charger too as all I've been able to do is drip charge. Took like 36 hours to go from 40-80 last weekend. I think I get even less then 120/15 in the garage as the Tesla is always warning about low voltage.

Technically I'm charging two EVs

View attachment 24294
Looks like bro doesn't like waiting!

I'll get right on that

PSEG also offers a rebate for installation so it's free

Ooff ugly

IMG_3832.jpeg
IMG_3831.jpeg

Back