ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Didn't even know Rivian had their own chargers. Do they use the Tesla standard?

Ok - efficiency report- 340 miles at 2.14 mi per kw in conserve x 131 usable kw takes you to 280 miles, 92.5 percent of stated range of 303. Fairly mild temps, with some ac at the end.

Yes and no. Mine, no. They made a deal w Tesla so that in 2025 all Rivians will be on Tesla standard.

They are giving ppl like me a free adapter for the Tesla network but it could take months.

Happily for me, this and Holyoke mass opened this month so that Jay and northern Vermont are within reach w one charge stop.

Attachments

• IMG_4324.jpeg
    IMG_4324.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 48
Do you mean whether or not the Rivian Adventure chargers use the Tesla NACS standard plug? The answer to that was "no" before 2024.

My impression is that the Rivian Adventure Network was focused on the idea of the R1T and R1S being for "adventures" that included hiking, boating, fishing, and/or camping in or near parks. Meaning state parks or national parks farther away from metropolitan areas that already had EV charging stations.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 5.25.20 PM.png

Screen shots for New England, parts of the midwest, and part of CO:
Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 5.29.07 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 5.30.12 PM.png

What I saw in Crested Butte wasn't a Rivian Adventure Network fast charging set up. Only 4 Waypoints chargers. I guess those are Level 2?

Salida and Montrose have Rivian fast chargers. I would say those are primarily for green season adventures, not ski trips. Did see a few Teslas around Crested Butte and Gunnison.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 5.34.38 PM.png

What I saw in Crested Butte wasn't a Rivian Adventure Network fast charging set up. Only 4 Waypoints chargers. I guess those are Level 2?

Salida and Montrose have Rivian fast chargers. I would say those are primarily for green season adventures, not ski trips. Did see a few Teslas around Crested Butte and Gunnison.

View attachment 24290
Yes waypoints are level 2. They are supposed to be free. The high speed rivian adventure network charges money - that is what I used today.

Any road trips yet?
No not until May or June when we drive down to Baltimore. Still waiting for the electrician to install the wall charger too as all I've been able to do is drip charge. Took like 36 hours to go from 40-80 last weekend. I think I get even less then 120/15 in the garage as the Tesla is always warning about low voltage.

Technically I'm charging two EVs

1000006269.jpg

I sure wish those electric buggies were around when I was a kid. My dad limited the amount of gas he would give me for my gocart and minibike! LoL

Back