ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

AAA has been adding Mobile EV Charging to select cities for a while. I remember seeing portable EV chargers a few years ago. Think they were being deployed in Europe.

Reminds me of cell phones back in the 1980s. There weren't many cities with cell towers. Other cities were being added monthly.

July 2023
Thanks for sharing very helpful

Good
No matter who you are, or what you do, you should have fun driving your mode of transportation.

Some people are scared of big trucks, I'm scared of EVs....LoL
Also a separate thread but I think a goal in life should be to increase happiness (have fun). Yes you have to check off your hierarchy of needs but we have won the lottery being born in (or having emigrated to) this country.

Democracy is the worst form of government besides every other form of government.

They do have ‘noise makers’ below a certain speed (25 mph?) as required by law for that reason.
What kinda “noise maker” does yer Rivian sound like when it's going “slow” or before pulling out while parked?

Last edited:
They do have ‘noise makers’ below a certain speed (25 mph?) as required by law for that reason.
For anyone that played the video game Simpson's Road Rage that sound EVs make especially when backing up is reminiscent of the bus sound from Simpsons Road Rage.

Good
No matter who you are, or what you do, you should have fun driving your mode of transportation.

Some people are scared of big trucks, I'm scared of EVs....LoL
I'm not scared of big trucks.... just can't justify owning one. I've occasionally gotten like an F150 or something as a rental when my car is getting serviced. Can't park that sucker straight no matter how hard I try.

If I hit the lottery, I'd buy a Unimog, not a Lamborghini.

mog-museum.jpg

Back