ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

What are they charging per KWh
How many miles are you at by the way? I remember it being a lot of use, so would be curious as to your current number and if you see any range loss.

I don't see range loss. The guessometer said 303 on good snows, and over 130 kw (about the usable) and in good weather i got 320. But I was staying 65-69 on highways.

How many miles are you at by the way? I remember it being a lot of use, so would be curious as to your current number and if you see any range loss.

I don't see range loss. The guessometer said 303 on good snows, and over 130 kw (about the usable) and in good weather i got 320. But I was staying 65-69 on highways.
I don't think I see range loss but I don't have that many miles. 26k. That said I don't think I get what I'm supposed to. If I start with 300 miles I'll get 250 tops. Working with them now.

I don't think I see range loss but I don't have that many miles. 26k. That said I don't think I get what I'm supposed to. If I start with 300 miles I'll get 250 tops. Working with them now.
Sorry to hear that. Unless you are driving 85 only in cold I don’t think that is what you should be getting.

Pretty good high level discussion of savings from charging at home.

Her vehicle (Mach E) is more efficient than the Riv, which is why her costs are lower (my post showed 10 cents a mile combined home and super charger). The SUV example lowest in her chart was about on to what the govt said a Durango would be (the Durango being the high side of her chart).

With Solar, in March, I have a slight export to the grid even after charging. I think that makes sense, as my math was that with charging the Riv I would be 83% electric set off. The utility let me go to something like 129% offset pre Rivian because I could show them I was getting an EV.

On your way to Vermont what's that furthest you went without getting juice?
I will go a different way now, but I stopped in Saratoga Springs and charged either to 80 or 100 and was fine at Stowe. Coming from LI now I would stop at Holyoke at the charger in mass.

Attachments

• IMG_4220.png
    IMG_4220.png
    818 KB · Views: 43
PS interesting to see when I took the screen shot a few minutes ago there were 5 Rivians in the 6 Newburgh stalls. Pretty cool.

I'm looking for how many miles you went before you charged... And how many you had left. Sorry I wasn't clear

I'm looking for how many miles you went before you charged... And how many you had left. Sorry I wasn't clear
Ah I know that precisely for the Vermont trip. 200 miles when I charged in Saratoga, and stated range of 80. I filled to 100 and got into to Stowe with a fair bit of range. I can't remember that, but i think it was like 30 percent.

I started in all conserve, and then because I was running better than I thought I went into all purpose to burn some energy.

This was before the 'pre warm' function, but I used a 'trick' that Jazzy Jeff on the Rivian forms told me: run your heat right before you leave and charge up right before you leave - this warms the battery which effectively preconditions it. It was somewhat cold on that trip - 30 ish(?)

I don't think you are asking it, but I have arrived at desitinations with as low as 6 miles of range. I have gotten pretty comfortable that at least on my car, the guessometer 'gives back' 20-30 miles versus what it says when i start. I think it is built in conservatism.

I have never run down to 0/gotten stuck on many 150 mile plus road trips.

Back