ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Leasing is the most expensive to own any car. Just do the math.
(Don't worry Camp; We both know many people are still going to go with the lowest monthly payment even it cost them more in the long run.)

When I am getting 45mpg to and from work, winter is not going well.

I guess it is a consolation prize?

(Don't worry Camp; We both know many people are still going to go with the lowest monthly payment even it cost them more in the long run.)
LOL -- I'm not worried at all

I'll also argue, easily, that leasing can be the same $$ as a purchase. As you said, it's all in the math. Whether you pay cash, or finance, it all boils down to monthly cost of ownership.

I and my husband have paid cash for all our cars.

Found a summary of early 2024 lease deals for EVs and PHEVs.

January 23, 2024

Agreed. Since I like driving my Honda's for at least >10 years and they still have great resale value, buying is definitely the least expensive option.

I leased my kids cars when they were in college because they were inexpensive leases and we also wanted the newest safety features. Yeah we may have been able to buy decent used cars but that's always a crap shoot that I didn't want to deal with.

Hey guys agree on the economic point. I meant if you are thinking of an ev and have not pulled the trigger and have concerns on range, consider to buy a hybrid or to lease an ev.

For the lease you do take a hit economically but you have the option to buy a new car in 2 or 3 years where many ev s will be out like the ev9.

I leased one car when we moved from the city to burbs and went to 2 car family. It has 20,000 miles and hitting 10 years old. I bought it off lease but because I didn’t know the net net of expenses moving from the city I wanted the flexibility of a lease. Stuff like that is when a lease may make sense.

Lots of discussions about new charging spots & types of plugs.
Byrne Dairy wants new gas stations in the Finger Lakes this year
And another at the old bowling alley/bar/restaurant in Camillus near 9 mile creek.
Doesn’t mention chargers...

Back