ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

So at what stage would you pay a premium to rent an EV when traveling? ;)
Hertz ceo said , the offering teslas was a big mistake...rental car companies make most of their money on selling used cars..Ev's are depreciating much faster then ice...

The biggest problems with EVs as I see it are the charging stations.
The vehicles work better and are cheaper to run. Lots a room for improvement in charging and batteries but it's going in the right direction.

I receiver a lot of negative comments from ignorant people around the state about my ev. They actually sound like they hope the technology fails. I can't figure out why.
We have a few beaufort's in here maybe you guys can explain the sentiment?

I have mention before, I have spent the day driving a Tesla and loved it...I think the problem is , ev's were marketed as a panacea for our environmental problems / cure for global warming. When in fact it's not. They cause as many problems as ICE..
I hope one day they do find a viable alternative to oil...

The vehicles work better and are cheaper to run. Lots a room for improvement in charging and batteries but it's going in the right direction.

I receiver a lot of negative comments from ignorant people around the state about my ev. They actually sound like they hope the technology fails. I can't figure out why.
Depreciation is my biggest issue. That, and they aren't proven at all. Once a person is out of factory warranty they are Fd.

Been having issues with the battery keeping a charge in the Subaru once it got colder and golf season ended (not driving it as much).
Put a new battery in it in September. There’s most likely parasitic draw going on somewhere.
Even ICE cars have battery issues when it’s cold.
Battery totally drained again when I went to start it last night sitting in the garage. The lady who sold the outback said to get the extended warranty as there's a lot of new electric control stuff on it. Got the newest appointment in a couple weeks to try to figure out the issue(s).

Last edited:
It’s like the lifelong smoker who switches to vaping after the doctor says they are killing themselves.

Battery totally drained again when I went to start it last night sitting in the garage. The lady who sold the outback said to get the extended warranty as there's a lot of new electric control stuff on it. Got the newest appointment in a couple weeks to try to figure out the issue(s).
What year and trim level is your car

So at what stage would you pay a premium to rent an EV when traveling? ;)
Not yet. Ny is great to have an ev - the whole state.

We are going to co and we decided not to rent an ev because that is predominantly EA and EA has a bad rep.

It’s like the lifelong smoker who switches to vaping after the doctor says they are killing themselves.
Solar install complete. Not sure where I fit in your analogy, but soon I ll be sending clean energy out to you all.

Also, a lot of anti ev ppl have a different view when they see one functioning up close, similar to what Jason said.

Next car for us is a bolt in probably 5 years when subi will be 13 years old. Tho it’s Mike’s May be so low we can’t justify buying another car.

Back