ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

You can go a certain amount over your historical bill. Then if there is something g that has changed (getting an ev) they will figure that in.

In NJ, the size of your system is limited to your historical annual electricity usage if you are hooked up to the grid. If they determine you need an 8 kilowatt system you cannot install a 10 kilowatt system.
What is the thinking on this?

What is the thinking on this?
The power companies make the case about maintaining the grid and the costs associated with delivering/generating power when solar cannot provide electricity. If people were allowed to generate more solar than they use the power companies would have to compensate for the generation. However, the power companies spending cash for excess solar might not be able to maintain their systems and approved profit without raising rates on non-solar users. Additionally, there are high odds that non-solar residential customers are low income/renters with no way to access solar.

NJ has net metering meaning everything you generate from solar up to your usage matches the price you pay for electricity from the power company. In NJ, if you produce more than you use you are paid at the wholesale rate for the overage.

Reactions: MC2
The car is great but some of electronic BS is way overkill...
But I don’t wanna babysit the battery by having to drive 20 minutes for no reason.
Battery continues to go dead.
Might find and pull the DCM fuse before I take it in and then put it back in when I take it in for service.
Haven’t pulled the fuse.
Service said it wouldn’t void the extended warranty when I asked em.
Made an appointment with service and they gave me a courtesy vehicle (Outback Touring) to use today while diagnosis is performed.
Said it was, as I expected, a faulty DCM. It’s on backorder. 🤔

Last edited:
Battery continues to go dead.
Haven’t pulled the fuse.
Made an appointment with service and they gave me a courtesy vehicle (Outback Touring) to use today while diagnosis is performed.
Said it was, as I expected, a faulty DCM. It’s on backorder. 🤔
Cost me $10 (gas for the courtesy car to filler back up) so far.
They pulled the fuse & I’m gonna observe battery drain now that it’s been pulled.
They ordered the new DCM to “repair” under extended warranty.
Should cost 100 bucks based on my warranty deductible and they said it would fix the “problem”. Car runs great.

They built one hellova 5G detector.
Do I need a tin foil helmet if the fuse has been pulled?

They pulled the fuse & I’m gonna observe battery drain now that it’s been pulled.
Frosty morning with a couple inches of pow ❄️ on top of the car and she started up quick.
All the speakers in the car work too. Some folks said if ya pulled the DCM fuse it took out their front speakers.

HopefullyI I can be a Highwayman ⛷️ again.

Last edited:
My solar system went live - I have been off grid for about 30 hours and my battery is at 100 percent. We ll see what happens when it is cloudy for a few days.

The tricky thing will be figuring out when to charge my car because the high speed charger at home (l2) is isolated from the battery due to amperage.

It will be fun to figure this out.

In March or May there will be a new time of use plan for solar - if you generate and send back 1 kw during peak you can take 2 kw of peak basically (that is not the right math but you get it). That will make figuring out when to charge easy. Just charge at night.

For any skiers coming from the south, the EVolve NY/Electrify America charging station in Kingston is officially open. It's branded as EVolve NY, but is officially an EA station, so if you have an EA pass or free charging, it will work.

For any skiers coming from the south, the EVolve NY/Electrify America charging station in Kingston is officially open. It's branded as EVolve NY, but is officially an EA station, so if you have an EA pass or free charging, it will work.
Thank you! Ihave been waiting for news on this one it is a game changer for me going to bell.

Stinks it is ea as the she’ll recharge ones are good and cheap.

But it has to be better than the 49 cent per kw Tesla ten min out of the way in red hook.

Do you have any detail on price etc?

Back