ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Right
EVs don't catch fire. They explode catching everything around them on fire 😏
So technically I was correct with the wording of my original question.

TJ trying to sidestep the whole exploding EV conspiracy by deflecting and redirecting with "catching fire."

Un huh. Nothing to see here folks!

🤠

TJ trying to sidestep the whole exploding EV conspiracy by deflecting and redirecting with "catching fire."

🤠
Spot on
Hybrids are the way to go

I still want to know if smaller batteries have the same likelihood of exploding as bigger ones.

I still want to know if smaller batteries have the same likelihood of exploding as bigger ones.
Perhaps yes, considering that it's not allowed to put any lithium batteries in checked luggage when flying. Must be brought on board in carry-on luggage. Also there is a limit to the size. My husband has a folding mobility 4-wheel scooter that he took to San Francisco in the summer. He had to buy a smaller capacity "travel battery" in order to fly with the scooter. When the scooter is left at the end of the ramp when boarding, he took the battery out and carried it on board.

Note that a big "traction battery" is actually a lot of little batteries. The Rivian 135 kWh battery pack has 7776 "cells" plus one more in the door flashlight.

That's not too convenient.

I googled it :geek: TJ was right ICE cars catch fire more often.

Both percentages are pretty low.

🤠
I'm not trying to side step. Take the tin foil off

I'm not trying to side step. Take the tin foil off
The guy with the hat means I am kidding

🤠

Everyone when I use this at the end of a post I am trying to be the funneh

The guy with the hat means I am kidding

🤠

Everyone when I use this at the end of a post I am trying to be the funneh
I did look into it too verify what I said. EV are more likely to catch fire then to blow up... And they catch fire less than ice vehicles so they appear to be very safe. I still don't charge in my garage.
It rides is better. The versatility exceeds tradition pick ups. The cost to run is just silly. I run more miles than most people. I have some planning to do on Tuesdays. Over all it extends my day by 40 minutes.
Two car families would benefit greatly if one were an ev.
When you need to do go long distances slum it in the gasser.
Right now you can't pick off a used Tesla's for a song. Get a federal credit and get into a technology far superior car then any gassers.

Back