ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Accurate to say you are saving roughly 1000 per 10,000 on energy?
Somewhat accurate. Compared to average ICE, about right.

Compared to similar sized SUV, saving about 1,700. (1,000 / .38 = 2691).

Compared to similar sized SUV, saving about 1,700. (1,000 / .38 = 2691).
That's what I meant, compared to a similar sized ICE.

I saw a Ford Maverick in the flesh last night for the first time. I got fairly close, but there was a guy in it, so I didn't get that close.

I liked it. I realize it's not really a truck, but a car in a truck-style body. I think that is what I want, really. (Or really a Toyota or Honda version of the maverick).

Unfortunately with the Maverick you choose between AWD and hybrid, you can't have both. I would choose AWD, I feel like that is required.

---

In other news, this EV is small and not too expensive:

I think the Stout (Toyota small pick up AWD and/or hybrid) is closer to production.

I don't think I am ready for an EV truck. Maybe by the time the EPU is ready I will be too.

That is just a drawing but that bed looks even smaller then a Maverick.

FOR ME the reason to take the MPG hit of a truck is the bed. The question is how small can you go and have it be useful. Does an MTB easily fit?

I think the Stout (Toyota small pick up AWD and/or hybrid) is closer to production.

I don't think I am ready for an EV truck. Maybe by the time the EPU is ready I will be too.

That is just a drawing but that bed looks even smaller then a Maverick.

FOR ME the reason to take the MPG hit of a truck is the bed. The question is how small can you go and have it be useful. Does an MTB easily fit?
I saw this truck is being made in Thailand. It's very small and cheap. Aside from telsa , i think the ev market is about to crash..No body wants these in the US. Any time the government mandates something it backfires...

i think the ev market is about to crash..No body wants these in the US. Any time the government mandates something it backfires...
100% agree!

This EV market is about to get wildly insane here in the US. We've been talking about this for quite sometime. It's all a bunch of government propaganda, imo.

Does an MTB easily fit?
Doubtful without taking the front wheel off or getting a tailgate pad. I had a rental taco over the summer and had to take off the front wheel. If youre not towing youre gonna want a nice hitch mount rack. While the mini trucks like the maverick and santa cruz have a cute/cool factor they seem way less practical than a comparable suv to me me, rather have my shit dry and secure.

Back