ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Does that work off an app like Google maps or is it an altimeter?

Is the elevation at your house always the same?

View attachment 21342

Got an update last night. This was added. Lot of information that I like to look at.
IMG_4019.jpeg

Enough to give someone with OCD fits.

Hmm, supposedly VW has been talking to Tesla about NACS for several months. I didn't know about the connection between VW and Electrify America.

October 5, 2023

SAE International officially embraced NACS in June 2023.

June 2023

My 30k 4 yr old Mazda has that too. :cool: :LOL:

IMG_3579.jpeg

This is hilarious! In 1986 I did my college internship out on LI. It was then, that I knew city living wasn't for me. I was sitting on the LIE, could see my exit, and it took me over an.hour to get there! FK that!

@Campgottagopee In my first job in the wholesale wine business, I had to go to Roslyn Long Island once a month for a sales meeting. I was like, thank the gods that NJ traffic isn't so bad. Flash forward, NJ traffic can suck just as bad as LI these days. Glad I'm in Saranac Lake now.

Transportation has to be decarbonized, EVs are necessary, but forget the hybrid and oh by the way I'm driving my manual choke ICE because... I like it? Increments don't count?
Increments that don't take where you need to go don't count. That's where environmentalists are now. They really want 100% EV transportation. Hybrids only take you halfway, and even some of the efficiency gain goes back to more driving in bigger vehicles. You never get 100% hybrid adoption either because you still have the gasoline supply infrastructure.

I'm holding out for full EV, but that's not possible for me yet. Meanwhile I'm gonna enjoy my stick shift. Manual chokes are just a happy memory.

mm

Back