ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Got the spaceship back. Put another 3k miles on it. Rivian was great to deal with. They made mistakes. Offered me things I didn't ask for. Hopefully things go smooth from here on out. They know the rules of lemon law in NYS. At this point I am driving with a get of jail free card.

Got the spaceship back. Put another 3k miles on it. Rivian was great to deal with. They made mistakes. Offered me things I didn't ask for. Hopefully things go smooth from here on out. They know the rules of lemon law in NYS. At this point I am driving with a get of jail free card.
So glad to hear this. And sorry for your experience.

I saw a new rivian this weekend suv and the panel gaps are way better than mine. Love to see the improvements.

Glad you're happy with the handling of this by Rivian.

How many miles on your rig? Need tires yet?

Glad you're happy with the handling of this by Rivian.

How many miles on your rig? Need tires yet?
5900. Tires don't show much tread wear. I don't punch it all that often which doesn't hurt. I also don't use conservative mode. That puts it into front wheel drive ripping the rubber off.
Next challenge finding a shop with the tools to rotate tires.

Don’t they give ya a jack and a tool for it?
What happens if ya have a dang flat? Hope ya never do.
In case your curious. The bottom of the truck is flat. They're points you put the jack under and you have to use what they call a puck to sit solidly on support strong enough to lift the vehicle. You can take the underbody apart and do it the old fashion way but I haven't looked at any videos on how to do it. I can buy a spare. The cost 1500 and change. It comes with the tools necessary. Under the bed there is a compartment to hold the tire but that's where I keep my contraband so that's being used currently lol

Question about EVs, hybrids and batteries.

We all know performance drops in the cold. Does it also drop at the other extreme, in high levels of heat?

Both my wife and I think we are seeing it.

So far it looks like the Venza is beating the CRV for mpg. It seems the Venza is better on the highway. She drives a bit more highway than me and is beating me by about 5mpg.

Question about EVs, hybrids and batteries.

We all know performance drops in the cold. Does it also drop at the other extreme, in high levels of heat?

Both my wife and I think we are seeing it.

So far it looks like the Venza is beating the CRV for mpg. It seems the Venza is better on the highway. She drives a bit more highway than me and is beating me by about 5mpg.
Mileage from what I hear is effected by hot weather. Like over 100 degrees. I don't notice the difference but I'm not a stickler about it

Back