ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Right? I’m up to four vehicles now
when my kids moved out we went back to 2 cars...yikes 4

yesterday i spent the day driving a tesla model 3.. that is one fun car to drive...we went up to harriman and let it rip...drives like a go cart..

Last edited:
Problem is we have a 3rd driver now. Spend all my life driving, or buy another car.
Wow, where does time go, huh? I'd say get a used beater for the kiddo, but used prices are still over valued. You gonna entrust a new car to someone just learning? Or does the kiddo inherit the old car and the wife gets the new car? Keep the wife and kiddo happy and you can save some time, place a deposit and pay that dang market adjustment to keep the peace at home!

I'd say get a used beater for the kiddo
We have the perfect car for her - a 2012 Prius with 140,000 miles on it. It's really reliable and I don't car if she dents it.

Time for my wife to get new wheels.

I'd say get a used beater for the kiddo, but …
Back around 1987 my brother brought a new Cadillac specifically because it was the only car that met new side crash standards a couple of years before every car had to comply. He had it about 6 weeks before it was totaled in a T-bone crash while his 16 year old daughter was driving with 5 other kids. The only injury was one broken arm.
Just saying…

mm

So I need two new cars or I let my wife get t-boned?

Back