ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

So I need two new cars or I let my wife get t-boned?
I know, but when I hear “beater” I think of the cars I used to drive. Unreliable, weak batteries and bald tires. My parents never moved off that until my baby sister got her license.
It’s a big deal when your kids get their license.

mm

Last edited:
It's perfect for our daughter. And it was top rated for crash when it was built.

Besides, I crashed "the good car." It was five years old, Zelda'a car was 12. It's her turn for something new.

I'm rather not buy a truck for me until after next ski season, my last one as a true road warrior.

It's perfect for our daughter. And it was top rated for crash when it was built.

Besides, I crashed "the good car." It was five years old, Zelda'a car was 12. It's her turn for something new.

I'm rather not buy a truck for me until after next ski season, my last one as a true road warrior.
The move is next year?

The thing that has me addicted to Honda is the sweetness of the engines.

I stand behind this.

We finally broke down and bought a third car. There was no way for me to ski this year, and keep the peace around here with two cars.

Zelda has wanted a sunroof for each of the cars she's had since we got married.

None of them have had one:

1996 Oil Burning VW New Beetle, we got married in it (cute pics!) and then sold it. It used a quart every 1000 miles.
1998 Toyota Tacoma extended cab hot dog truck sold in 2006 when we got preg.
2006 Honda Civic: easier to put a baby seat in
2012 Toyota Prius: I asked Z if she was ok with buying more land in the adk and she said "if I can have an electric car."

This time she really wanted 5 things:

AWD
Hybrid
Extra ground clearance for dirt roads (8")
Sunroof
A color she liked

We bought a Toyota Venza, to get her a sunroof we had to buy a ton of other shit. The PIOs (port installed options) were actually ok. Rubber mats and and cordless phone charger. Like Broski we only got one key.

We found one to test drive, over an hour away. She liked it, the color and it had a sunroof so we bought it. I drove it just a short way and stepped on it pretty hard. Let's just say it's not a Honda.

Also the transition between ev and gas is a rougher than I am used to. In the 2012 Prius it is still smooth 12 years later. The CRV is also very smooth.

We'll see what kind of mileage we get. We may drive it to the mountains next weekend. More impressions then.

I ended up driving the CRV to the mountains, and going solo. My first time with it on the highway.

I miss my turbo. The hybrid doesn't jump in the same way, when you want to go from 65 to 80.

The car has 4 modes: ECO, NORMAL, SPORT and SNOW. (No idea what SNOW does).

In normal and sport it is much quicker, but if you are driving in ECO and want to step on it, it's a two step process. Not ideal.

I think when you are in ECO and you stomp on it, it should automatically switch to NORMAL or SPORT.

Echo= volunteering for slow acceleration. I’m pretty sure you burn the same amount of gas cruising at 65 no matter what mode you’re in. The sluggish acceleration is what saves gas.

Echo= volunteering for slow acceleration. I’m pretty sure you burn the same amount of gas cruising at 65 no matter what mode you’re in. The sluggish acceleration is what saves gas.
If you are using cruise the ECO does save you something. It's less insistent on maintaining full speed up hill.

Back