ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

After vetting the 1/2 ton diesels from GM and Ram, I chose the Hemi eTorque with this Rebel. I have just over 1000 miles on it and it drives very nice, quite similar to my previous 2020 Bighorn with the Hemi. Interesting that the fuel tank is bout 3-4 gallons smaller on the new one. I averaged 19.5 mpg (summer) and about 16mpg (winter) over the life of the my 2020, which I traded in with 98,675 miles. Hard to not put the deep miles on living up hereo_O

I look forward to enjoying another 98,000+ miles on this new one:cool:
Cool truck. I dig it

[Impreza]: Practical, safe, inexpensive, decent on gas and great on slippery roads. I find it pretty appealing.
Perhaps I came down unnecessarily hard on the Impreza. When I looked at it, I was still married, and I looked only at one used example. I don't think I could have gotten my [ex] wife, child, and all our dunnage in there for a 6-day ski trip, even with a big honkin' box on the roof.

Between Subaru Legacy/Outback shooting brakes and now VW Golf/Jettas, I've likely got spoiled driving the same sized automobile for darn near 30 years.

And the ♥️.
Even the new Brat.
uh, is there any official word that this is happening? I got sucked in by the video but I can’t find any announcement from Subaru or a reputable news source. Camp? You hear anything about a new Brat?

my daughter bought a crosstrek with the 2.5 , the summer of 2020. just before car prices went nuts...she loves it, i think the interior is a bit spartan..she lives in mass and spends a lot of time in NH

It's important to point out that Subaru does not build cars for everyone. In fact, they would be the first to point out that they are a niche car company. With the exception of the BRZ, a joint venture with Toyota, all they build are AWD cars. Unless your driving a WRX-STI, you wont win any races with them. However, they will get you where you want to go no matter what the road conditions are. Another item worth mentioning is their warranty. They cover such things as wiper blades, lightbulbs, brake pads/rotors/calipers for a full 36mo-36000 miles. That kind of warranty is only found in high-line, most other car manufactures will only cover those items for 12mo-12000 miles. The value with Subie is their sure-footedness, and the company themselves.

Well said.

like i have mentioned before.. we have 2 cx5 2019 and 2021. Both cost under 30k. mixed driving we get 29 mpg. In my opinion it's the nicest suv in that class on the market. The interior soooo much nicer then toyota or honda...
Cx is really nice. We drove one when we were looking in 2019. You're right about the interior -- it's high end, definitely best in class. My wife disliked how the display screen of the cx5 was placed above the dashboard. She's the boss 😁 so we got the 2019 CRV Exl. No regrets- a great vehicle!

@Harvey--- yeah those Honda engines are special. Certainly one of the many reasons I've been buying Hondas for over 25 years.

As an aside I was just checking my electric bill and I pay $0.0408 per KWH. A plug in hybrid would cost less than a dollar to charge😲

Wait two years or get something else, unless she wants to pay over MSRP for worse value.
Problem is we have a 3rd driver now. Spend all my life driving, or buy another car.

Back