ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Ram has a mild hybrid available in their 1/2 ton trucks, the call it etorque. It's a great motor. More HP and better mpg than the other hemi available in the same truck. It's $1700 more, but worth in imo.

Yea, it is not even close. I got a CX-50, the interior is very nice and exterior looks are sharp. Before buying, I also test drove a CX-30 and Subaru Crosstrek back to back (top trim Crosstrek vs. mid-trim CX-30). Crosstrek felt like a total joke, Subaru is still in the 2010s while Mazda is delivering top quality product at bargain prices... especially trims 1 or 2 up from the base (most of their models have 6-8 trims, but no options). My mid-trim CX-50 costed less than a fully loaded Crosstrek (despite being a size class up) and feels amazing compared to Subaru's pedestrian build.
People buy subie for their superior AWD system, not creature comforts.

Yea, it is not even close. I got a CX-50, the interior is very nice and exterior looks are sharp. Before buying, I also test drove a CX-30 and Subaru Crosstrek back to back (top trim Crosstrek vs. mid-trim CX-30). Crosstrek felt like a total joke, Subaru is still in the 2010s while Mazda is delivering top quality product at bargain prices... especially trims 1 or 2 up from the base (most of their models have 6-8 trims, but no options). My mid-trim CX-50 costed less than a fully loaded Crosstrek (despite being a size class up) and feels amazing compared to Subaru's pedestrian build.
A few years back, I scoped a Subaru Impreza (not Crosstrek) when looking for a vehicle. Underwhelmed.

Ram has a mild hybrid available in their 1/2 ton trucks, the call it etorque. It's a great motor. More HP and better mpg than the other hemi available in the same truck. It's $1700 more, but worth in imo.
After vetting the 1/2 ton diesels from GM and Ram, I chose the Hemi eTorque with this Rebel. I have just over 1000 miles on it and it drives very nice, quite similar to my previous 2020 Bighorn with the Hemi. Interesting that the fuel tank is bout 3-4 gallons smaller on the new one. I averaged 19.5 mpg (summer) and about 16mpg (winter) over the life of the my 2020, which I traded in with 98,675 miles. Hard to not put the deep miles on living up hereo_O

I look forward to enjoying another 98,000+ miles on this new one:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_5318.jpg
    IMG_5318.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 47
A few years back, I scoped a Subaru Impreza (not Crosstrek) when looking for a vehicle. Underwhelmed.
Practical, safe, inexpensive, decent on gas and great on slippery roads. I find it pretty appealing.
look forward to enjoying another 98,000+ miles on this new one
I think that’s a pretty low bar for a full sized truck. Are you super hard on your vehicles or do you get rid of them once they don’t feel brand new?

I think that looks much more useful then a brat. For me.
Obviously it’s more like a true compact pickup than the old brat was but a regular cab hybrid with a six foot bed might be exactly what you want. You could put a soft topper on that and make a little platform for a futon mattress and you’d be sitting pretty. It will be interesting to see what the real vehicles look like when they come out.

Practical, safe, inexpensive, decent on gas and great on slippery roads. I find it pretty appealing.
Crosstreks are only inexpensive if you get the 2.0L. Fully loaded 2.5Ls (plus port added accessories, cause goodness knows they aren't selling them without a few hundred dollars of add-ons) prices are $35-36k, which is nuts.

Not like fully loaded has a ton of extra features... leather, sunroof, and "premium" audio. Sport is probably the sweat spot for features, though I wouldn't recommend anyone go higher than the Premium at $26,145 (if they can deal with the 2.0L).

For $26k, yea, good value for someone's first new car. But many competitors blow it away for the same price or better (and have buttons, Sub is gone all in for touchscreen HVAC). You just can't load a Crosstrek up and have a good value.

I was referring to the Impreza. And I don’t really understand why people bother with lots of extras at this point. Base model comes with the CarPlay and the safety sensors. What else do you need?

Back