ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Definitely in the northeast --- not sure about other parts of the country
That makes sense.

The Subaru dealer in Asheville in the NC mountains wasn't even bothering with hybrids when my daughter was in college. The people driving Subarus in the mountains were perfectly happy with ICE. Lots of them in the Appalachian mountain towns.

That makes sense.

The Subaru dealer in Asheville in the NC mountains wasn't even bothering with hybrids when my daughter was in college. The people driving Subarus in the mountains were perfectly happy with ICE. Lots of them in the Appalachian mountain towns.
I agree, it does make sense. That said, we do borderline ok with them here in CNY. Reason being is how close to Ithaca we are. You know what they say about Ithaca, right? 15 square miles surrounded by reality. LoL

Don’t do it unless you’re planning on towing. I’ll never own another diesel unless the year was prior DEF. The cost to fix if emissions go wonky
( and it will ) is mindblowing
My dieselgate VW was pre DEF and the emissions fixes were still mind-blowing.

I agree, it does make sense. That said, we do borderline ok with them here in CNY. Reason being is how close to Ithaca we are. You know what they say about Ithaca, right? 15 square miles surrounded by reality. LoL
Ha. I always thought it was unenlightened to have the sign saying the most enlightened city on earth or whatever it says.

My dieselgate VW was pre DEF and the emissions fixes were still mind-blowing.
My sister made out pretty good with diesel gate. She bought one used when it was being exposed. Drive if into the ground and got more that she paid for it when she traded it in

Back