ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Yep
MSRP is roughly 85k
Hammer dropped at 99K
i heard with the new diesels. if there is any emissions code , the computer put the engine in limp mode.. even minor codes

i heard with the new diesels. if there is any emissions code , the computer put the engine in limp mode.. even minor codes
Could be. Very low tolerances on emissions these days. In all the one's I've driven I haven't experienced that, but I never drive any single truck for more than 90 days.

Pretty sweet looking truck. Not my cup of tea
Same for me, I don't need to move that many people. I've taken them up to WF, back when the crew would go up there skiing. I'll say this, loaded up with 4 guys, skis, gear, and coolers, they roll down the road.

Could be. Very low tolerances on emissions these days. In all the one's I've driven I haven't experienced that, but I never drive any single truck for more than 90 days.
Yep. Diesel gate led to NYS charger network. Last night’s charge equal to about $40 for fill up. This was 2/3 ‘tank’ for 31.

Attachments

• IMG_7826.png
    IMG_7826.png
    355.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7825.png
    IMG_7825.png
    194.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7824.png
    IMG_7824.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 51
I had the curiousity bug today, so I test drove a new Silverado1500 with the Duramax 3 liter turbo diesel, and I must say that I was impressed. I tried to find a Ram 1500 with their 3 liter turbo diesel, as I would love to compare the two, but no luck anywhere within a few hours.
The Duramax was smooth with the power delivery throughout the acceleration spectrum, very similar to the hemi that I have in my Ram. I'm not in a hurry so I am looking forward to test the Ram.
Don’t do it unless you’re planning on towing. I’ll never own another diesel unless the year was prior DEF. The cost to fix if emissions go wonky
( and it will ) is mindblowing

Don’t do it unless you’re planning on towing. I’ll never own another diesel unless the year was prior DEF. The cost to fix if emissions go wonky
( and it will ) is mindblowing
Some of the farmers keep their older diesel engines running (tractors & combines) so they don’t have to go with the newer ones requiring DEF. John Deere has come up with an engine not needing it.

Last edited:
Yep. Diesel gate led to NYS charger network. Last night’s charge equal to about $40 for fill up. This was 2/3 ‘tank’ for 31.
You notice a huge price difference depending on the charger you use? I've got it ranging from 32 to 54 cents per kWh.

Back