ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

A hybrid makes the most sense for us right now. We finally pulled the trigger on our new family car, a 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV to be delivered next week. You can drive it with gas or electric or combined. 26mpg on gas, 38 mile range with electric, 64mpge combined. Third row jump seat allows for 7 passengers. 1500w AC plug in the back. Full sun roof, 7 modes of driving, 5 levels of regenerative braking and its AWD. We are stoked and ready for ski season, just need to slap on the Nokians.

A hybrid makes the most sense for us right now. We finally pulled the trigger on our new family car, a 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV to be delivered next week. You can drive it with gas or electric or combined. 26mpg on gas, 38 mile range with electric, 64mpge combined. Third row jump seat allows for 7 passengers. 1500w AC plug in the back. Full sun roof, 7 modes of driving, 5 levels of regenerative braking and its AWD. We are stoked and ready for ski season, just need to slap on the Nokians.
Have fun!

We considered the previous version of the Outlander PHEV but the EV range was only 18 miles back then. That wasn't enough to make it worthwhile. Plus I didn't need that big an SUV. We still have the old minivan.

Nice
My girlfriend just got a 23 Kia Sportage PHEV, AWD. Pretty nice rig, lots of gadgetry.

I had the curiousity bug today, so I test drove a new Silverado1500 with the Duramax 3 liter turbo diesel, and I must say that I was impressed. I tried to find a Ram 1500 with their 3 liter turbo diesel, as I would love to compare the two, but no luck anywhere within a few hours.
The Duramax was smooth with the power delivery throughout the acceleration spectrum, very similar to the hemi that I have in my Ram. I'm not in a hurry so I am looking forward to test the Ram.

I had the curiousity bug today, so I test drove a new Silverado1500 with the Duramax 3 liter turbo diesel, and I must say that I was impressed. I tried to find a Ram 1500 with their 3 liter turbo diesel, as I would love to compare the two, but no luck anywhere within a few hours.
The Duramax was smooth with the power delivery throughout the acceleration spectrum, very similar to the hemi that I have in my Ram. I'm not in a hurry so I am looking forward to test the Ram.
I've driven both, for quite a few miles. The motors are both incredible, so can't go wrong there. For me, the Ram was more comfortable. Between the 2 trucks, that's all I noticed.

That said, the one thing I don't care for in the Ram is that turn dial shift knob. It's doesn't feel natural even though it worked flawlessly. That's just a personal thing for me.

That said, the one thing I don't care for in the Ram is that turn dial shift knob. It's doesn't feel natural even though it worked flawlessly. That's just a personal thing for me.
Interesting, as I felt the same when I got mine in 2020, and now it felt weird with the shifter back on the console with Chevy. I do like the layout of my Ram better than the Chevy, as there is a lot more cubby spaces for storage. I'll keep searching for the Ram diesel to give it a try.

Love or hate Tesla, you could argue their charging network means in a year or so, EVs will be able to go pretty much anywhere in the US.

Tying in the diesels, thanks to them (indirectly) NYS has a sweet network of chargers.

Tesla is apparently 'in talks' with a large 'OEM' of cars (GM? Ford? Toyota? who knows?) to license its 'self driving' software.

Here's a 23 with that diesel that's running today
PXL_20230721_130818179.MP.jpg

Back