ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

The Chevrolet Tahoe Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 21st out of 26 for midsize SUV.
Maybe not... But much more convenient for sure should you need service. I have to figure out where to get my tires rotated
Tahoe is full-size
I honestly think it's a bad comparison to the Rivian

Tahoe is full-size
I honestly think it's a bad comparison to the Rivian
So what is a good ice comparison? Rivian has same or more cubic feet of storage. 3D row is probably smaller but not by much. Second row is cavernous.

The rivian is more capable. Probably lower top speed and lower range.

I don’t know about about tech but I think GM s version of self driving is petty good.

So what is a good ice comparison? Rivian has same or more cubic feet of storage. 3D row is probably smaller but not by much. Second row is cavernous.

The rivian is more capable. Probably lower top speed and lower range.

I don’t know about about tech but I think GM s version of self driving is petty good.
Maybe the dodge Durango with the hell cat engine.

PXL_20230715_143104337.jpg

Hey camp, when you break down and buy one orvis dog hammock large fits perfect. Get that pooch traveling in comfort.

Or about 800 per 12,000 miles - pretty sweet. What would a Tahoe be? 2500-3500?

TJ love the miles you are getting in.
A Rivian R1S is about 201 inches long, more in size line with the 206 inch Chevy Traverse, not the 210" Tahoe/Yukon. The Traverse gas mileage is 17city/25highway/20 combined. A fully loaded awd High Country Traverse is around $52K. The price gap from a Traverse to the Rivian is still pretty steep. I realize the Rivian is a rocket, an excellent interior and better than the Traverse off road - overall a much nicer vehicle. Realistically, the Tahoe/Yukon is in a different size class vs the Rivian.

The Tahoe/Yukon is also offered with a straight 6 3.0L diesel that nobody mentioned. The diesel fuel mileage is 20city/26highway/22combined. The diesel is available on the all the trim levels except the top of the line High Country. The base LS w/4wd and diesel starts at $60.1K before you start to tart it up. If you ran the Tahoe/Yukon 12k miles in a diesel at the combined 22mpg and use 3.50/gal (I am paying 3.29-3.49 for diesel here in NNJ) you are at a yearly cost of around $1900 for fuel.

I have not seen a diesel version in the wild. There are still many of these GMs from the 2000-2015 years still being used in my neighborhood along with a handful of the newer versions.

A Rivian R1S is about 201 inches long, more in size line with the 206 inch Chevy Traverse, not the 210" Tahoe/Yukon. The Traverse gas mileage is 17city/25highway/20 combined. A fully loaded awd High Country Traverse is around $52K. The price gap from a Traverse to the Rivian is still pretty steep. I realize the Rivian is a rocket, an excellent interior and better than the Traverse off road - overall a much nicer vehicle. Realistically, the Tahoe/Yukon is in a different size class vs the Rivian.

The Tahoe/Yukon is also offered with a straight 6 3.0L diesel that nobody mentioned. The diesel fuel mileage is 20city/26highway/22combined. The diesel is available on the all the trim levels except the top of the line High Country. The base LS w/4wd and diesel starts at $60.1K before you start to tart it up. If you ran the Tahoe/Yukon 12k miles in a diesel at the combined 22mpg and use 3.50/gal (I am paying 3.29-3.49 for diesel here in NNJ) you are at a yearly cost of around $1900 for fuel.

I have not seen a diesel version in the wild. There are still many of these GMs from the 2000-2015 years still being used in my neighborhood along with a handful of the newer versions.
I bought a 22 high country diesel Tahoe just yesterday. It's a great SUV. My buddy just bought a Silverado high country with the same motor, and loves it. It's a great motor.

I bought a 22 high country diesel Tahoe just yesterday. It's a great SUV. My buddy just bought a Silverado high country with the same motor, and loves it. It's a great motor.
Wow! For yourself or for your business? That motor is one of GM's best.

Back