ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Or about 800 per 12,000 miles - pretty sweet. What would a Tahoe be? 2500-3500?

A more legit comparo for sure.

I appreciate that data because it's the first I've seen to give me an idea of what it actually costs to drive a big EV.

If you can save $4000 a year on energy... how much does the comparable Tahoe cost?

I think the sticker is close for a comparably equipped Tahoe. Post price hike a fancy rivian I think is 92-94 with all the options.

In the past few months I was in a black car Tahoe and his was either 83 or 93 well equipped.

Pre price hike the rivian sticker was cheaper and then you were saving 10k per 4 years in fuel.

A more legit comparo for sure.

I appreciate that data because it's the first I've seen to give me an idea of what it actually costs to drive a big EV.

If you can save $4000 a year on energy... how much does the comparable Tahoe cost?
Fuel economy dot gov says yahoo fuel is between 2400 and 4150(!). https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/PowerSe...eModel=Tahoe&srchtyp=ymm&pageno=1&rowLimit=50

Crazy. I just did a compare. The delta between the least efficient Tahoe and least efficient rivian is 15,000 over five years. Least efficient rivian (which happens to be my build is 1,000 per year).

Messing around it was pretty easy to get a 90k Tahoe build.

Time will tell.
Yes, time will tell. Once they're out for a few years, and JD Power collects all of their data. That will prove to be interesting.

ETA...you drive more miles than anyone I know. You'll be a good test of this truck. Look forward to your reviews.

Last edited:
Back