ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

High speed NYS charger within 25 miles of scout camp.

NY makes mistakes but they seem to be doing pretty well on high speed charging. They should consider a charging stop more in the heart of the dacks but other than that the map is impressive.

Oh TJ if you haven't done it yet get the free shell recharge app. Most of the upstate chargers from NYS are off of that app and work way better than just using a credit card for some reason.

I also keep EA app as high speed charging once every four months (which I have been within) on an EA makes up for the 4 / month fee as there is a 25% or so discount.

High speed NYS charger within 25 miles of scout camp.

NY makes mistakes but they seem to be doing pretty well on high speed charging. They should consider a charging stop more in the heart of the dacks but other than that the map is impressive.

I had a problem at evolve Tuesday. It would not accept my CC. Called and an outfit out of Calgary picked up the phone. They could not figure out what the problem was but have me a free charge. They wanted me to download the shell app. It's a jungle out there with all the apps. What is so hard letting you use your credit card. I never had a problem at a gas pump. She kept saying they were finicky. WTF. Plug in... Put you card in... And that's it.

I had a problem at evolve Tuesday. It would not accept my CC. Called and an outfit out of Calgary picked up the phone. They could not figure out what the problem was but have me a free charge. They wanted me to download the shell app. It's a jungle out there with all the apps. What is so hard letting you use your credit card. I never had a problem at a gas pump. She kept saying they were finicky. WTF. Plug in... Put you card in... And that's it.
this is the reason why Tesla is king..
buddy road trips long distances in him model 3...never a issue

Oh TJ if you haven't done it yet get the free shell recharge app. Most of the upstate chargers from NYS are off of that app and work way better than just using a credit card for some reason.

I also keep EA app as high speed charging once every four months (which I have been within) on an EA makes up for the 4 / month fee as there is a 25% or so discount.
My uneducated theory on that is that is when you're using your credit card, a Canadian company is trying to hit it and your credit card companies are denying it because it's not in the United States

Sorry. I would have hit the same issue but I happened to be researching. Using EVolveNY (the ny chargers) only had issues 2 x in many charges. 1 was just a bad charger (one in Saratoga just does not put out cold juice). The second was my fault - a station was down for service and not coming up in apps but I knew it was there so went anyway. Got a slow charge. I think I posted about that

Number 1 thing I have seen is these things are way better with the apps. Should not be that way it is.

this is the reason why Tesla is king..
buddy road trips long distances in him model 3...never a issue
Rivian (like others) is going onto Tesla s network.

Rivian says they will continue to make their own. I feel pretty strongly based on my experience and research that ev driving in ny is cheap and easy. Yes you need to jump through app hoops.

I've driven 3200 miles and put 195 in an energy

Thanks for this info.

If I am figuring it correctly that's about equal to our Prius.

$30 fill up = 500 miles
so...
$180 fill up = 3000 miles

Granted it's a much bigger car, capable of much more than a Prius.

Or about 800 per 12,000 miles - pretty sweet. What would a Tahoe be? 2500-3500?

TJ love the miles you are getting in.

Back